Senior Manager, Experiential Marketing
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Senior Manager, Experiential Marketing is responsible for bringing the Team Canada brand to life through live and virtual experiences. This position creates meaningful brand moments for all fans and stakeholder groups through the management of COC events & experiential marketing initiatives across three core areas: Marketing, Sport, and Corporate. The position leads and manages the discovery, planning, execution and measurement phases of each event & experience including objective setting, ideation, strategy development, implementation, and post-event analysis. Included in this mandate is also the management of an enterprise-wide hospitality strategy and programming structure. The role is responsible for ensuring each event & experience aligns with the overall brand strategy and also aligns to a broader hospitality strategy and approach.
Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing, the Senior Manager, Experiential Marketing is a proven marketer with depth of experience in development of strategic initiatives, project management, experiential marketing, hospitality, and event management. The position is a senior member of the Brand Marketing team and collaborates with and supports other COC departments and their event needs including but not limited to; Digital, Marketing Partnerships, Communications, Operations, Sport, and the Canadian Olympic Foundation.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000. We offer a hybrid work model that allows for up to two days of remote work each week.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
Team Canada Hospitality
- Build and manage the organization wide hospitality strategy and support on execution, especially the white-glove experience for key COC stakeholder groups at Games (e.g. Concierge, dedicated support, access to Canada Olympic House, gifting, etc.)
- Lead the cross-functional team to ensure all stakeholder group hospitality needs are met
- Source, secure and manage partners to bring hospitality experience to life
Canada Olympic House
- Develop strategic plan for Canada Olympic House operations as well as the revenue and expense management of the operating budget
- Responsible for delivering COH revenue target and delivering against organizational and Partner KPIs.
- In coordination with Marketing Partnerships team, responsible for the COH Partner sales pitch and related incremental revenue generation
- Manage the entirety of the planning and execution of Canada Olympic House including concept development, Marketing Partner integration, hospitality, operations planning, operating model, design, staffing, access & accreditation, special events, event P&L, etc.
- Source and secure partners to bring experience to life
- Recommend and manage staffing requirements for execution
- Manage, plan, and execute COC signature events & experiences annually which may include but not be limited to:
- Brand Marketing
- Pre-Games/Post-Games athlete celebrations
- Press events & announcements
- Hospitality events
- Marketing partner workshops
- Canada Olympic House (at Olympic Games)
- Partner experiential events, e.g. Molson Team Send-Off and CF Viewing parties
- Board & Session meetings
- Games preparation and orientation conferences/workshops
- Team orientation seminars
- National Sport Federation Leadership Summits
- Game Plan Summit
- Brand Marketing
- Develop a measurement framework ahead of event execution and create reports and debrief documents post-event to share with key stakeholders
- Manage each individual event budget, revenue and expenses (if applicable)
- Manage the design, production, procurement and delivery of all event look & feel elements
- Develop and maintain an events framework including clear processes and templates to create efficiencies and consistency across all COC events. Including but not limited to event calendars, planning tools, brand material inventory, event checklists, run of show, critical path, budget, etc.
- Negotiate third-party supplier contracts and relationships including event venues, audio visual services, catering, décor, entertainment, travel, accommodation, etc.
- Support third party events & fundraisers in which the COC is involved and/or a beneficiary including coordinating COC brand integration
- Supervise and support the Project Manager, Events & Experiential Marketing in all activities
- Work with the Brand team to establish and maintain an integrated brand identity across all platforms.
- Support and maintain agency relationships (creative, experiential), if applicable.
- Manage marketing partner integration into COC brand activations.
- Assist in establishing processes to ensure consistency and quality of all brand marketing assets produced by the organization.
- Lead a high performing and engaged team with the appropriate skills and competencies to support the organization
- Manage and provide coaching to direct reports on an ongoing basis to optimize their performance and personal and professional development
- Contribute to the overall Brand Marketing resourcing plan for additional support on an annual basis including agencies, freelancers, consultants, and interns
- Accountable for the Events and Experiential budget, forecasts, and annual KPIs
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience in related field (i.e. Marketing, Event Management, Communications, or similar)
- 6 to 8 years of experience leading events and experiences and proven track record of delivering against objectives
- Experience leading and planning hospitality for C-Suite executives
- Experience managing individuals and teams
Skills and Abilities
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with senior-level executives and provide guidance and direction to peers
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in the development and implementation of effective strategies to maximize cross-functional collaboration
- Proven experiential marketing experience linking brand strategy to execution
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal/external colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to manage and operate comfortably at both a strategic and tactical level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic team player with strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage multiple projects and work streams with a focus on critical decision making
- Proven problem-solver with analytical skills and the ability to evaluate a project plan and identify risks and contingencies
- Proven managerial experience, including managing third party suppliers, vendors, and agencies
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Bilingualism (English & French is an asset)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills are required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Some overnight travel, off-site work and weekend work required
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by June 24, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
As a condition of employment, and in order to ensure the health and safety of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s employees, a successful applicant will be expected and agrees to confirm and provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19. This condition of employment is subject to any accommodation requirements as may be required by human rights legislation, including for religious needs, disability or any other protected ground under human rights legislation.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.