Senior Coordinator Fundraising Events
The Paralympic Foundation of Canada (PFC) is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Fundraising Events. Reporting to the Director, Foundation and working closely with PFC and Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC), the Senior Coordinator, Fundraising Events plays a key role in leading our fundraising event initiatives to obtain philanthropic support for our key programs and activities.
This position represents an exciting opportunity to be part of creating and implementing inspiring special events to further the Paralympic movement in Canada.
The Senior Coordinator, Fundraising Events possesses a successful track record in event management, logistics, and engaging and leveraging volunteers in fundraising events. The candidate will develop and implement event plans that provide first class experiences while also raising funds to ensure that the programs, equipment and people are in place to propel more Canadians with a disability from their communities to the Paralympic podium.
The ideal candidate will have the tenacity to drive our signature fundraising event series, the ParaTough Cup, to success while working closely with the Director, Foundation, and other volunteer fundraising leaders.
- Plan, develop, and implement the PFC’s signature fundraising event, the ParaTough Cup, in multiple cities across the country, working closely with the Director, Foundation, as well as other colleagues and volunteers
- Assist in the planning and development of PFC fundraising cultivation events as required
- Liaise with board members and donors to facilitate the creation of third-party fundraising events
- Conduct exploratory venue visits
- Plan and execute event recognition and acknowledgement in order to maximize support
- With the support of the CPC Communications team, create additional materials to support event activities, including proposals, presentations, briefing notes, correspondences, branding and event logistics
- Support the development and monitoring of the budget for assigned events
- Energize, motivate and inspire all those involved in the event to achieve the fundraising and event strategic goals
- Other related duties
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in event management and/or philanthropy, or a combination of training and related experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the areas of event management and event logistics
- A demonstrated track record of success in building relationships and fundraising through events from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities, as well as skills in leading and mobilizing others
- Ability to develop new relationships and cultivate existing ones in developing new prospects
- Ability to work with autonomy, to multi-task, and to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong business writing, presentation, verbal communication and selling skills, in both official languages
- Ability to operate with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Ability to achieve work objectives within a changing and busy environment
- Proficiency with office applications such as email, project planning, word processing, presentation development, customer relationship management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with both internal and external colleagues (e.g. CPC employees, vendors, sub-contractors)
- Knowledge of the sport system considered an asset
- Three to five years of experience working in event management
- Solid understanding of fundraising considered an asset
- Experience working in a national context and with other cultures
- Experience as a Paralympian is considered as an asset
- Methodical and organized, able to manage different projects at the same time
- Flexibility to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business and with various backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Systematic and organized
- Cooperative, team player, collaborative
- Active listener who understands requirements before leaping to action
- Work is primarily in an office environment
- Overnight travel and off-site work required (e.g. Games, Events, etc.)
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods, including Games and other special events
- Must hold a valid passport at all times
Interested applicants can apply through the following link: https://paralympic.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50
CPC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.