Organization: GWN Events
Address: 1 Westside Drive, Unite 3, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1B3
Contact: Jonah Hoyos
Title: VP, Sales & Marketing
Position: Sales Internship
Work term: January 2023-May 2023
About GWN: Proudly Canadian but with international reach, GWN is an expert in developing and managing innovative event experiences, from grassroots to the global stage. Our core focus is creating, selling and producing inspiring events that engage, have a lasting impact, and move our partners forward.
Each year, GWN produces more than 40 events across North America including watersports, running and soccer. GWN offers start-to-finish event management services, corporate team-building experiences, and social marketing initiatives.
GWN Events is looking for a sales intern. The successful candidate will take with them valuable experience into the world of event sales & sponsorship from event marketing, marketing collateral development, relationship selling and general business development. There will be training provided during the first few days of the internship, along with day-to-day training as the internship progresses.
If you are a self-starter, results oriented, well organized, and sweat the small details, then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities and duties will include (but not limited to):
- Provide sales support and business development for GWN Events (Major League Dragon Boat Series and running events such as SuperPower 5K).
- Provide comprehensive research for partnership targets
- Team and vendor sales for GWN event
- Activation, fulfillment of all contractual obligations for sponsors, vendors, corporate experience sessions
- Development of marketing and sales materials and sponsorship proposals
- Assist with general business support and other duties as required
Required and desired skills and background:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality service
- The ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven results-oriented and sales orientation
- Sales experience an asset
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe programs (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and In Design) is an asset
- Proficient computer skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Flexibility to work remotely and/or at the office
Honorarium: $2000 (4 month term)
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Internship Application”.