Regional Director, Quebec
Title: Regional Director, Quebec
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Golf Services
Ideal Start Date: April, 2023
The Regional Director, Quebec position is Golf Canada’s primary liaison with member clubs, the golf industry within the province of Quebec and Golf Quebec. This role is crucial in connecting facilities across the country with Golf Canada services and programming.
The success of golf facilities is critical to the success of Golf Canada and the Provincial Golf Associations. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset and will help Golf Canada better understand the needs of members and member facilities alike, while also forging positive and impactful relationships with industry stakeholders across the entire region and country.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
· Show leadership in developing outstanding relationships with our individual members, member clubs, Golf Quebec, our Golf Canada Board of Directors, and industry stakeholders.
· Grow and maintain a robust network of golf facility owner/operators, PGA Professionals, GJAC members, Club Managers, Canadian Golf Course Superintendents within the province of Quebec
o Using those connections, work with operators to achieve membership growth and attracting new facilities to be affiliated with Golf Canada.
· Facilitate a collaborative and positive working relationship between Golf Canada, Golf Quebec,
and industry stakeholders within the province.
· Assist clubs with Golf Canada membership implementation, while also identifying areas of growth within those existing member clubs.
· Continually strive to develop and create additional benefits for the Golf Canada membership
Business Development: 25%
· Work with Golf Canada & Golf Quebec staff to identify growth opportunities and create strategies to target new member clubs, leagues and individuals to becoming affiliated with Golf Canada.
o Work in tandem with Golf Quebec to achieve shared membership targets and goals.
· Implement the National Golf League within Quebec and provide exceptional customer service in the execution of the program. Foster relationships with Club Managers, Club Professionals, Club Captains,
and other league representatives to ensure that their experience within the National Golf League drives membership growth and cultivates a strong working collaboration between clubs, Golf Canada and Golf Quebec.
· Represent Golf Canada at regional stakeholder and trade-show events (Provincial Golf Association AGM’s, General Meetings and Board Meetings, PGA Merchandise Shows, NGCOA Trade Shows, ACGQ, CMAC, etc.).
· Work collaboratively with the local First Tee chapter staff and Golf Canada Foundation to identify potential communities to that will support the First Tee – Quebec.
o Identify specific community groups that would benefit from the expansion of First Tee within their communities.
· Seek or identify potential commercial partnerships to expand membership benefits in Quebec.
Advocacy/Regional Support: 15%
· Present on behalf of Golf Canada’s strategic priorities during regional town halls and AGM’s in coordination with Golf Quebec.
· Represent Golf Canada in the preparation and planning of clubs celebrating milestone club
anniversaries. Recognize our amazing member clubs by presenting awards and offering remarks on behalf of Golf Canada.
· Utilize Golf Canada’s Amateur Championships to focus on creating and maintaining club connections, while also assisting where possible with regional contacts for services and corporate connections.
· Collaborate with all departments within Golf Canada & Golf Quebec’s operations teams to ensure programming is shared with facilities in an impactful and lasting way.
o Additionally, develop materials and communications with facilities around the Golf Canada Mobile App. Ensure that facilities are using the App to educate golfers on their own individual services and amenities, while also gaining maximum audience reach within those facilities.
· Provide regional insight and knowledge to all Golf Canada and Golf Quebec departments on industry trends and initiatives.
· Develop great intuition for how we can better serve our individual members and member clubs.
· Work with fellow Regional Directors to identify further areas of growth and business development.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
· University/college education in related field of study preferred
· Minimum ten (10) years of golf industry experience
· Solid knowledge of the golf industry, current trends and golf business as a whole
· Outstanding sales and sales management experience, along with a high level of business acumen and customer relationship/retention skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Commercial experience with sales & partnerships with experience in membership assets
Golf Canada – Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to six (6) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, April 2nd,
2023. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for all, especially children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.