Receptionist and Office Administrator (Bilingual) – Toronto
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Toronto Office Manager/ Executive Assistant to the CEO and Secretary General, the Receptionist and Office Administrator will play an integral part of representing the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) to the public as first point of contact by providing a high level of customer service in a timely manner to incoming callers and walk in guests and to support the administrative and general office requirements of the Toronto office.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Act as first point of contact for all incoming guests; greeting visitors, informing employees of guest arrivals, and following all processes for visitors in office;
- Answer all incoming calls: transferring calls to the appropriate team member and/or responding to enquiries, as needed;
- Work collaboratively with the Montreal Receptionist to ensure seamless communication and effectiveness between offices;
- Assist with the hiring and management of third-party contractors (painters, movers, etc.);
- Work with building management to maintain a clean, functional and safe working environment for all staff;
- Manage all office operational procedures and foresee where positive change and operational efficiencies can be made;
- Responsible for light office maintenance (plant watering, kitchen cleanliness, water filters, etc.);
- Coordinate boardroom bookings for both internal and external clients/associations, catering needs, room set-up, technical requirements and meeting logistics as required;
- Prepare financial reports and summaries and reconcile all office expenses (Staples, Wheels, Taxis, Purolator, etc.);
- Route and file various documents;
- Draft and proofread office-wide correspondence;
- Update Staff Directory list and seating plan as needed;
- Assist HR and Toronto Office Manager with the onboarding and termination process of employees (Business cards, new desk area, activation of building key etc.);
- Prepare outgoing mail, courier packages and post daily;
- Receive, open and distribute (invoicing and coding if necessary) incoming courier packages and mail;
- Monitor, order and maintain all office supplies and department specific supplies (paper, ink, etc.);
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment, ensuring equipment is functional at all times (printers, postage meter etc.);
- Oversee maintenance, supplies and operational needs of all common areas, including the reception area, meeting space, production rooms and kitchens (dishwasher, fresh coffee, dishes, etc.), including day-to-day needs; and all common areas tidy and presentable at all times;
- Coordinate boardroom bookings, catering needs, room set-up and meeting logistics as required;
- Assist in the management of all office and offsite storage;
- Purchase and provide healthy food items for each Monday Morning Breakfast;
- Provide some administrative support to the Toronto Office Manager/Executive Assistant to the CEO and Secretary General as needed;
- Participate in administration/coordination meetings, as scheduled;
- Provide general administrative support to the C-Suite, including preparing mail merges, coordinating event invitations, updating contact lists, processing mailings and maintaining files and records; and
- Manage independently and/or assist with projects as assigned and provide Toronto Office Manager with status updates as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative function;
- College Diploma / Degree preferred;
Skills and Abilities
- Must be fully bilingual in French and English. Other languages an asset;
- Possess outstanding interpersonal/communication skills and problem solving;
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner;
- Strong regard for business etiquette and confidentiality;
- Very capable of working in a strong team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and a strong attention to detail;
- A proactive self-starter with strong motivation to take on multiple initiatives with the ability to adjust to changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, creative environment while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Effectively manage time, prioritize workflows and schedules;
- Strong technical skills, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point are a must;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about sport in Canada an asset;
- Sense of humour appreciated;
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by October 26, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.