Philpott Head Tennis Coach
Philpott Children’s Tennis is proud of its long history of promoting health, physical and moral well-being among Toronto’s inner-city youth through its skill and leadership development programs.
The Head Instructor’s primary responsibility is to design and administer a quality summer tennis program at their designated site in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner.
· He/she is expected to organize and prepare lessons for each day of instruction.
· Arrive at 8:45 am to set up and organize equipment, take attendance
· Provide accurate attendance, incident and equipment inventory reports
· Store equipment and first aid kits securely
· Report concerns/problems immediately to the Summer Program Director or Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
· Liaise with the Parks & Recreation (or other) representative on site
· Wear shirts provided by Philpott when instructing
· When appropriate, speak with parents and prospective students
· Encourage children to bring friends and introduce them to tennis
Instruction and Coaching
· Prepare daily/weekly lesson plans
· Plan and execute each day’s lessons with suitable progressions and drills to meet the needs of the children and the group
· Manage Assistant Instructor (s) and volunteers and ensure they are engaged contributing to the program
· Ensure that a safe environment is maintained at the court site (i.e. not playing on wet courts)
· Report safety problems immediately to local Parks, Forestry & Recreation representative and to the Summer Program Director or Assistant
· Be knowledgeable about the emergency procedures of the community centre
If you are interested applying for a head instructor position with Philpott Children’s Tennis please Click here: Head Instructor –Philpott Children’s Tennis (philpottchildrenstennis.org)