Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking Part-Time Personal Trainers to join our team! The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to: promoting and selling personal training services; meeting personal training targets; programming and delivering one-on-one personal and small group training sessions; delivering sport-specific training sessions; providing program coverage as required in all areas of individual conditioning; and assisting in all health and fitness program areas to ensure all members experience outstanding customer service.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in developing individual fitness programs and coaching individuals
to achieve results;
- Certified Personal Trainer by a recognized organization (e.g. CPTN, CSEP, ATC, Canfit-Pro, ASCM, CSCS);
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C required;
- Previous sales experience, preferably in selling personal training or other services
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- The ability to communicate well with members, coworkers and volunteers;
- Must be able to encourage and motivate members;
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural backgrounds;
- Experience in conflict resolution methods;
- Diploma or degree in Health Education or equivalent is considered an asset; and
- Group fitness instruction is considered an asset.
Three professional references will be required and a Vulnerable Persons police records check will be required for the successful candidate(s).
Hours of Work: Successful candidates need to be available to work on weekdays and weekends, from 5am-11am or 6pm-12am.
Hourly wage: Based on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Fitness Centre Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to the attention of Eike Dreyer, Fitness Centre Manager by December 9, 2020.
Fitness Centre Manager
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
875 Morningside Avenue
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto. The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, university students, high performance athletes, as well as fitness centre clientele. The building’s 312,000 square-feet includes two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, a rock climbing wall, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high performance testing centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre for members. The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is located at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre and provides world-leading sport science and sport performance services. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre opened to community users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an accessible organization and facility by removing barriers for individuals with disabilities. If you have any accessibility requirements or questions, whether as an employment candidate, volunteer, user of the facility or business partner, please contact us at email@example.com
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.