Performance Pathway Advisor
|POSITION TITLE:||Performance Pathway Advisor||Posting Date:
Thursday, September 15, 2022
|DEPARTMENT:||Performance Pathways||Application Deadline:
(11:59 PM -EST)
| Manager, Performance Pathways
Director, Performance Pathways
|LOCATION:|| Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (Toronto
Pan Am Sports Centre) 875
Morningside Avenue, Suite 100, Toronto
| Interview Date:
Week of October 10, 2022
|COMPENSATION:||To commensurate with experience|
The Performance Pathway Advisor will assist targeted Provincial Sport Organisations (PSO) in the development of best-in-class performance pathways. Focussing on robust High Performance Management Plan (HPMP) development to provide safe and inclusive; quality daily training environments, expert coach and technical leadership development, and sport science sport medicine interventions, which will enhance their ability to achieve national and international podium performances.
About Performance Pathways
Performance Pathways Department is responsible for:
· High Performance Program Development – In partnership with Provincial and National Sport Organizations, supporting the current & next generation of Olympic and Paralympic medal-winning athletes, identified coaches, and sport technical leaders.
· Athlete Programs – Support targeted athletes through delivery and accessibility to programs and services; deliver talent identification programs such as SPARC (SPort Assessment and Research Combine), RBC Training Ground, and Paralympian Search; and the delivery of Game Plan.
· Coaching and Technical Leadership – Facilitating and delivering mentorship and professional development opportunities for Ontario-based high performance coaches and technical leaders, and the delivery of the Advanced Coaching Diploma Program.
· Behave in a safe, inclusive, and professional manner maintaining consistency in words and actions by honouring commitments, aligned with the vision, mission, and values of CSIO
· Continually makes efforts to understand the needs of assigned PSOs in an inclusive, collaborative and adaptable manner
· Strong ability to work as part of a team, fostering and maintaining professional relationships.
· Possesses first-hand knowledge and understanding of Summer and/or Winter Olympic and/or Paralympic sport at a provincial and/or national level in the Canadian High Performance Sport System
· Has an understanding of the importance of High Performance Athlete Pathways, Athlete Development Matrices, Gold Medal Profiles, Winning Styles of Play, Strategic/High Performance Planning, Gap Analysis processes, and the underpinning requirements to achieve National and International Podium Performances and National Team selection.
· Managing a portfolio of targeted sports involved in the Ontario High Performance Sport Initiative (OHPSI), Project Sport Initiative (PSI) and the Ontario ParaSport Collective (OPC).
· Providing gap analysis and performance planning support to targeted Provincial Sport Organizations that leads to successful outcomes on the national and international stage
· Ensure identified gaps and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the areas of Coach and Technical Leadership, Training Camps and Competition and Sport Science / Sport Medicine are enhanced through performance funding investment
· Provide feedback on the impact of the investment, as well as recommendations to enhance Ontario-based athlete and coach development pathways
· Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to building relationships within CSIO, key sport system
stakeholders, and PSO / NSO representatives
· Liaise with Manager, Performance Pathways to facilitate integration, innovation, and quality assurance of appropriate sport science/sport medicine and research services for targeted programs
· Liaise with the Manager, Performance Pathways to link professional development and performance
initiative opportunities to sport system needs
Position Links and Dimensions
· Manager, Performance Pathways
· Director, Performance Pathways and the Performance Pathways Team
· Provincial Sport Organizations
· Ontario ParaSport Collective staff
· Internal relationships: Directors and Senior Management, Performance Services and Corporate Services staff
· National Sport Organizations
· Works with staff, partners, and sports groups on projects as directed.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Undergraduate degree, in Sport Management, Human Kinetics/Kinesiology/Health Sciences, and/
or Business Administration preferred
· Minimum 5 years working across Olympic and Paralympic programs at a provincial and/or
national level within the Canadian sport system
· Minimum 2 years working effectively with elite coaches or High Performance Managers/Directors.
· A verifiable record in the provision of support to athletes and coaches that have had success at the international level
· Experience contributing to or leading strategic and or high-performance planning
· Experience in project management and ability to evaluate and modify plans according to the results of performance or assessment data/processes, in conjunction with coaches and others.
· Inquisitive personality, with strong empathetic listening skills, solution-oriented mindset, with strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
· Highly organized and punctual
· Highly developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Possess a high level of personal initiative and autonomy
· Successful candidate must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening a requirement at the time of hire
· Candidate must show proof of vaccination (and applicable boosters) at time of hire
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
In addition to the position responsibilities noted above it is expected that the employee will support the mission and vision demonstrate the organizational values and support the strategic goals.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter
(in one PDF document) to:
Sport Institute Ontario
Canadian Sport Institute Ontario is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, or disability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.