Para-Alpine World Cup Coach
Para-Alpine – World Cup Coach – Alpine Canada Alpin
Position Title: World Cup Coach
Reports to: Head Coach, CPAST
Start Date: November 1, 2020
Alpine Canada Alpine (ACA) is the national governing body for Ski Racing in Canada and home to three of Canada’s most exciting snow sports: Alpine, Para-Alpine and Ski Cross Racing. ACA is currently seeking an experienced, motivated individual to join our World Class Para-Alpine World Cup Ski Team as a Coach.
The Canadian Para-Alpine Ski Team World Cup Coach is a coaching position which will provide technical leadership and coaching for the World Cup Team. Reporting to the Head Coach, the successful candidate will have extensive coaching / technical qualifications, experience providing strength & conditioning training, strong communication and presentation skills, and a talent for administration and organization.
This exciting opportunity will provide the successful candidate opportunities for growth and development in high-performance coaching, while working with our team of top-level coaching staff. ACA also offers competitive compensation and benefits based upon eligibility.
- Work in conjunction with all team coaches to design, implement, and monitor annual training and competition plan.
- Assist in record-keeping of all collected data.
- Monitor Athlete’s equipment needs and liaise proactively with the equipment representatives.
- Provide assistance to oversee maintenance and control of team equipment.
- Provide timely and effective communication to Athletes, Coaches, and Alpine Canada Alpin.
- Provide assistance in all on-snow duties (i.e. course preparation, course-setting, and course maintenance.
- Ensure welfare and health of Athletes when travelling.
- Ability to monitor dryland program and/or assist in ski preparations an asset.
- Timely expense reporting.
- Manage key logistics as determined by Head Coach.
- Work is full-time.
- Work from home, required to travel with the team throughout the year
- Overtime is expected during the winter season. Time off in lieu of payment is provided as scheduling permits.
- The Coach is frequently required to work out of doors in winter conditions.
- Advanced skiing abilities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Previous Coaching experience.
- Certification in ACA-CSC or International equivalent. Development level trained.
- German and/or French fluency an asset.
- Mandatory background check
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st, 2020. Interviews will take place October 5-9, 2020 via teleconference.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Alpine Canada Alpin
Suite 302, 151 Canada Olympic Road S.W
Canada Olympic Park
Calgary AB T3B 6B7