Organization: GWN Events
Address: 1 Westside Drive, Unit 3, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1B2
Contact: Carolyn Lee
Title: VP Sales & Marketing
Position: Operations Internship
Work term: May 2023 – August 2023
About GWN: Proudly Canadian but with international reach, GWN is an expert in developing and managing innovative event experiences, from grassroots to the global stage. Our core focus is creating, selling and producing inspiring events that engage, have a lasting impact, and move our partners forward.
Each year, GWN produces more than 50 events across North America including watersports, running and soccer. GWN offers start-to-finish event management services, corporate team-building experiences, and social marketing initiatives.
GWN Events is looking for an operations intern. The successful candidate will take with them valuable experience in all aspects of event management from event logistics to on-site execution. There will be training provided during the first few days of the internship, along with day-to-day training as the internship progresses.
If you are a self-starter, results oriented, well organized and sweat the small details then this is the position for you.
Responsibilities and duties will include (but not limited to):
- Provide support in operations and execution for GWN Events (Major League Dragon Boat Series, SuperPower 5K/10K)
- Assist in the application of venue permits
- Source and secure event suppliers
- Assist with the scheduling of staff
- Source and secure staff travel
- Source and secure volunteers
- Assist with general business support and other duties as required
Required and desired skills and background:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality service
- The ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven results-oriented
- Proficient computer skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design) is an asset
- Flexibility to work remotely and/or at the office
Total Honorarium (4 month term): $2,000 plus event travel expenses
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Internship Application”.