JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
FULL-TIME (40 HOURS / WEEK)
DATE POSTED: 14 February 2020
DATE CLOSED: 28 February 2020
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
About Taekwondo Canada
Taekwondo Canada is the National Sport Organization in Canada recognized by World Taekwondo (WT), World Taekwondo Pan America (WTPA), Sport Canada and the Canadian Olympic Committee. Together with its members and partners, Taekwondo Canada will establish the highest possible standards for Taekwondo development and achievement.
Our Vision is for Canada to be a world-leading Taekwondo nation. Our Mission is to lead excellence at all levels of Taekwondo in Canada, create positive experiences and achieve international success.
Desired Education and Qualifications
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in either High Performance (HP) sport, Kinesiology, Event Management or Program Management, or equivalent experience in these areas.
- Experience is required in the above areas if not covered by formal education.
- Experience with not-for-profit sport organization is an asset
- Must have a good understanding of Taekwondo Canada and experience in Taekwondo (or a similar combat sport) at the national and international level
- Some understanding of issues of governance involving not-for-profit organizations
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to edit documents and ensure compliance with partner organizations.
- Understanding of sport community trends
- Proven success with active fundraising and/or sponsorships and developing proposals to increase this revenue and maintain the relationships.
- Solid organizational skills, including planning, developing, and implementing, programs, projects, and events, and task facilitation delegation.
- Proven success in developing, implementing, and managing programming strategies
- Proven success in developing, implementing, and managing budgets
- Excellent time-management skills, able to multi-task and prioritize own work
- Superior attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity with a high degree of energy, can perform well under stress.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Operations Director (OpsD) is responsible for assisting the ED with day to day operations, overseeing the annual calendar and deconflicting events, creating and managing sponsorships with final approval from the ED, ensuring coordination between high performance requirements and national selection events, and maintaining/creating NCCP contexts. The OpsD is the ED’s deputy and will be in charge during absences of the ED.
See attached job description for full details.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: HR@taekwondo-canada.com by 17h00, 28 February 2020. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Taekwondo Canada is committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Association including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to apply. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities and commit to ensuring accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail HR@taekwondo-canada.com .