Operations Coordinator (Contract) – Canada Running Series
Canada Running Series (CRS) is the nation’s premier running circuit with eight events across Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Edmonton. Our events attract over 70,000 participants annually and raise more than $6 million for hundreds of local charities each year.
With innovation and organization as our guiding principles, we stage great experiences for runners of all levels, from Canadian Olympians to recreational and charity runners. Our mission is “building community through the sport of running” and we are committed to making sport part of sustainable communities and the city-building process.
We are currently looking for an event professional for a full-time (contract) position, to assist with our busy Fall season.
**We welcome everyone, including all under-represented groups, women, Black and Indigenous People of Colour (BIPOC), other racialized persons and LGBTQ2+ persons to apply.
Expected contract duration (August 23-October 22, 2021). Exact dates are slightly negotiable.
The CRS Operations department is looking to expand our team during the busiest time of our event season, to help deliver our Oasis ZooRun and Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (STWM) events.
Due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic, the 2021 Oasis ZooRun will be held entirely in the “virtual” format. The STWM event is expected to include both “virtual” and “in-person” races. If conditions allow, the 2021 STWM “in-person” race will offer only the 10K race distance. This position is perfect for event contractors, people with warehouse experience, or anybody who likes to get their hands dirty supporting a team.
The Operations Coordinator will play an integral role in planning, organizing, & executing our warehouse operations as well as leading our Logistics Crew during race week. This individual will package race kits, assemble pallets of supplies for in-person racing, load/unload trucks, inventory supplies and take the lead on shipping & receiving. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt are a major part of this role as well as the ability to work for extended hours during race week.
Work with the Canada Running Series team to help bring together months of planning.
- Planning, organizing & executing warehouse operations, for the duration of the contract
- Package race kits for both pick up and shipping fulfillment
- Assisting with truck loading & unloading at the warehouse
- Supporting the Operations team to coordinate & receive deliveries
- Assist with inventory management & ordering of supplies
- Training and supervising a crew
- Represent Canada Running Series and develop a positive relationship with suppliers, key stakeholders and participants.
- Ensuring that safety is a key priority throughout the scope of the event
The successful candidate will be hard-working and personable. They must have an open-mind, and possess the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing landscape, along with the following characteristics:
- A strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Excellent oral communication skills with an ability to think and react to situations confidently and quickly
- Hold a valid Driver’s license
- Highly self-motivated and hardworking
- Exemplary self-discipline and professionalism
- Must be prepared to work in any weather
- Ability to lift heavy (50lbs+) objects and work on your feet for 8+ hours a day
- A positive attitude and invested in being part of a wider team to achieve one shared goal
- Be willing to work extended hours, nights, and weekends
- Be comfortable working alone at the warehouse for durations of time
Scope of Work
Available to work at our warehouse in Etobicoke (near airport), Monday to Friday, and some weekends leading up to our events in September and October.
Contract dates: August 23rd – October 22nd
Available to work the following weekends for Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (10K)
- October 2-3
- October 16-17
Desirable experience that would be helpful (not mandatory)
- Experience in managing and training a team and/or volunteers
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Access to a personal laptop
- Ability to drive a 5-ton truck
- Experience working on other large events considered a bonus
- $20/hr rate
- Gain experience working as part of a team to execute a high-level live event