Operations Assistant, RBC Scramble
Title: Operations Assistant, RBC PGA Scramble
Reports to: Operations Manager, RBC PGA Scramble
Location: PGA of Canada National Office / Remote (hybrid)
Status: Contract / Paid Internship
Ideal Start Date: April 10, 2023 (1 position) / May 1, 2023 (2 positions)
End Date: September 1, 2023
The Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) of Canada is the governing body for the 3,800 PGA professionals that interact with the 5-million golfers in Canada at over 1,500 golf courses. Operating as a not-for-profit organization, the PGA of Canada organizes golf tournaments, education seminars and trade shows, with the goal of advancing the careers of golf professionals throughout the country. Founded in 1911, It is the second oldest professional golf association in the world.
The RBC PGA Scramble is a national series of grassroots golf events and the premier amateur team golf tournament in the country. Taking place at more than 150 golf facilities across the country, successful teams from the Local Qualifiers move on to one of twelve (12) Regional Finals. The program culminates with a National Final at the world-renowned Cabot Cape Breton in October.
The RBC PGA Scramble is looking for three (3) qualified applicants to serve as Operations Assistants for the program. The successful individuals will act as the designated contact for their assigned Local Qualifiers and/or Regional Finals, providing administrative support to each PGA of Canada member. This position will be primarily conducted from the National Office (including remote work 3 days per week) and may require some local travel.
This is a paid internship position with a start date of either April 10th, 2023 or May 1, 2023 until September 2023. The responsibilities and tasks are varied, the environment is dynamic, and collaborative, and the job can be rewarding with a lot of autonomy and opportunities to gain new skills.
The Operations Assistant will be reporting to the Operations Manager, RBC PGA Scramble, and will be working alongside a dedicated team of golf enthusiasts at the Acton, Ontario headquarters.
• Support the Operations Manager with all aspects of the RBC PGA Scramble.
• Provide administrative support to PGA of Canada members conducting Local Qualifiers.
• Maintain championship information on the RBC PGA Scramble website and Golf Genius (online tournament management platform), updating as required.
• Manage equipment inventory, maintenance, and shipping schedule.
PGA OF CANADA
13450 DUBLIN LINE, ACTON, ON L7J 2W7
TEL: 1-800-782-5764 FAX: 519-853-5449
www.pgaofcanada.com email: email@example.com
• Tournament set-up, preparation, and tear down of equipment and signage on the golf course and around the host facility at assigned Regional Finals (local to the National Office).
• Deliver customer excellence to all partners, host facilities, volunteers and members via email, phone, and in-person.
• Other duties or special assignments, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
• University and/or College students (3rd or 4th year) or recent graduates preferred.
• Willingness to work flexible work hours with the high volume of events conducted during the summer months.
• Proven ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate to staff, members, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Positive attitude with the ability to self-start and take an active leadership role.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Bilingualism (English and French) is not required but considered an asset.
• Golf knowledge or experience is not required but considered an asset.
Note: The PGA of Canada’s regular hours of work are 35 hours per week, namely Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and 5 days a week including a one-hour lunch. However, the demands of your position may require working varied and irregular hours, and may include working weekends and/or holidays to meet the objectives of your employment.
PGA of Canada – Operations Assistant, RBC PGA Scramble
13450 Dublin Line
Acton, ON L7J 2W7
Three (3) positions available. Please send your cover letter and resume with “Operations Assistant, RBC PGA Scramble” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE) by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on February 10, 2023. The PGA of Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted and invited for an interview.
The PGA of Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.