Office Administration Assistant (Part-time Position)
Bowls Canada Boulingrin [BCB] has an opening for a part-time Office Administrator. This position assists with basic small business administration such as assisting with a small merchandise program, front of office communications, and administrative support to events such as National Bowls Day and national championships.
BCB is a national sport organization with a mission to provide leadership that facilitates inclusive participation and excellence for the sport of lawn bowls in Canada. We support and develop governance, technical leadership, resource development, advocacy, communication and education initiatives that positively impact Canadians of all ages and abilities across the country.
BCB is an ideal environment for students pursuing post-secondary education in the Ottawa area. Bowls Canada promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities.
Hours and Compensation
10 hours per week, $18.00/hour
Preferred Start Date: 10 October 2023 (an earlier date may be negotiated as desired by the successful candidate)
- Coordinate the Bowls Canada merchandise program including filling orders for merchandise and managing support for and online store.
- Coordinating office mail and shipping
- Basic admin support for other BCB staff including general communications as directed to members for special events, tracking fees and coordinating event entries
- Triaging the general office email and other administration duties as required
Key Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of basic information technology including Microsoft Office (additional knowledge and/or experience with social media and WordPress are considered an asset)
- Good inter-personal skills
- Common sense and initiative
- Bilingualism is an asset
Location: BCB national office – House of Sport, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON
Reporting: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Applications need to be submitted before the 8th of September, 2023. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application – Office Administrator”.