Mental Performance Consultant
hyPERFORMANCEcoaching is committed to supporting athletes to achieve their goals and learn critical life skills for future success. We are seeking a highly motivated Mental Performance Consultant to join our team with a particular focus on youth sport and development. As a Mental Performance Consultant, you will work closely with our clients to develop mental strategies to improve performance, manage stress, and enhance overall wellbeing.
· Work one-on-one with clients to assess mental performance, identify areas for improvement, and develop customized mental performance plans.
· Conduct group workshops and presentations on topics related to mental performance and wellbeing.
· Collaborate with coaches, other IST team members and parents (when applicable) to develop integrated performance plans.
· Develop and maintain relationships with athletes and their support teams to ensure ongoing communication and progress monitoring.
· Stay up-to-date with the latest research and trends in mental performance to continuously improve services offered to athletes.
· Canadian Sport Psychology Association Member or equivalent (required)
· Strong understanding of the principles of cognitive and behavioral psychology and their application to performance enhancement.
· Experience working with athletes in an individual and group setting.
· Deep understanding of a variety of sports and open to learning about new sports.
· Self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Individualized approach to athletes and teams.
· Passion for helping athletes learn the relevant mental skills to perform their best.
· Hours are flexible and can be coordinated around your schedule
· Options for remote and/or in person consulting (within Southwestern Ontario)
· Remuneration commensurate with experience
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for mental performance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position. We look forward to hearing from you.