Membership & Communications Coordinator
Position Membership & Communications Coordinator
Term This is a full time position
Location Burnaby, BC
About Skate Canada BC/YT Section
Skate Canada British Columbia and Yukon Section is a non-profit organization dedicated to the principals of enabling every person in British Columbia and Yukon to participate in skating throughout their lifetime for Fun, Fitness and/or Achievement.
The BC/YT Section has approximately 19,000 skaters, 106 clubs, 400 coaches and 200 officials which we serve.
Skate Canada BC/YT Section is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that a diverse work force is critical to accomplishing our vision and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing Membership & Communications Coordinator to join our team.
• Interact with BC/YT Section members and clubs daily and answer any incoming inquiries appropriately (phone, email, etc).
• Office & membership administration including shipping, filing, ordering of supplies, and photocopying.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with volunteers of member clubs and schools.
• Develop and schedule member communications, including Thin Ice Magazine, email blasts & social media.
• Provide general administrative support for Events team (Examples include: Event Registration, Online Music Submissions, Preparing Shipment to Events etc.).
• On-site event support (Competitions, AGM and Fundraising Events) as required and directed.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Skills & Fit
- A background in skating preferred but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Have experience with social media applications and email marketing platforms.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Member organizations across the Section
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, fluid working environment
- Proficiency in Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- A self-starter who is reliable and can work independently
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends as required for events and meetings.
- Handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Experience working with volunteers is considered an asset.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License and/or access to a vehicle
- Ability to represent the vision, mission and values of the BC/YT Section-Skate
Canada, as well as ethical standards generally accepted in business.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employer matched RRSP contributions
- Starting salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested candidates should apply no later than July 3, 2022 to email@example.com.