Organization: GWN Events
Address: 1 Westside Drive, Unite 3, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1B3
Contact: Jonah Hoyos
Title: VP, Sales & Marketing
Position: Marketing & Digital Content Internship
Work term: January 2024-May 2024
About GWN: Proudly Canadian but with international reach, GWN is an expert in developing and managing innovative event experiences, from grassroots to the global stage. Our core focus is creating, selling and producing inspiring events that engage, have a lasting impact, and move our partners forward.
Each year, GWN produces more than 50 events across North America including watersports, running and soccer. GWN offers start-to-finish event management services, corporate team-building experiences, and social marketing initiatives.
GWN Events is looking for a marketing & digital content intern. The successful candidate will take with them valuable experience in marketing GWN Events various properties. There will be training provided during the first few days of the internship, along with day-to-day training as the internship progresses.
If you are a self-starter, results oriented, well organized and sweat the small details then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities and duties will include (but not limited to):
Provide marketing and social media support and business development for GWN Events (Major League Dragon Boat Series and running events such as SuperPower 5K).
Assist in creating social media content for all platforms (Instagram, Facebook & Twitter) and manage the posting schedule
Social media monitoring and measuring the impact of social media campaigns
Assist with design components for website, newsletters and social media
Market research and recommend best practices for building brand awareness, social media, marketing and consumer engagement
Assist with general business support and other duties as required
Required and desired skills and background:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Deep interest in social media
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe programs (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and In Design) is a requirement
- Basic knowledge of marketing and marketing strategies
- Experience in social media engagement with bloggers, on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- The ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and quality service
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Flexibility to work remotely and/or at the office
Honorarium: $2000 (4 month term)
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing & Digital Content Internship Application”.