Marketing & Communication Intern
Ringette Ontario is the Provincial Sport Organization for Ringette in Ontario. We are an athlete-centric and value-driven organization that oversees all ringette interests in the province.
Ringette Ontario delivers programming which focuses on athlete, coaches, and officials’ development, as well as supporting sanctioned events through tournaments, league play and Championships.
Ringette Ontario is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our country. We actively seek qualified individuals from equity-seeking groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity, and inclusion in a provincial team environment.
Job Description: Marketing & Communications Intern
Reporting To: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 13th, 2022 @ 11:59 pm
The Marketing & Digital Intern is responsible for assisting with the development and delivery of Ringette Ontario’s internal/ external marketing and digital presence. The internship will run from September to December 2022 and most of the role will be remote, with opportunities to attend tournaments and events.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Marketing & Digital Intern are, but are not limited to, the following:
· Work with Marketing Specialist to reach marketing and operational goals.
· Focus on being the leader of all marketing/ communication & sponsorship initiatives for our CTR (Come Try Ringette) program & events
· Be the main point of contact for these events for marketing/ communication & sponsorship with support from the Marketing & Communication Specialist.
· Create and curate content for all Ringette Ontario social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok and Twitter) including written features, graphics and videos.
· Attend events, take pictures and share live content on social media.
· Send and post all press/media releases and notices to the membership.
· Other marketing, communication and event-related tasks.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must be currently enrolled in a university or college program focused on sports management, business or media with a genuine interest in athletics and the sports industry.
· Possess strong organizational, communication and time-management skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Canva and/or Photoshop.
· Experience with social media and management platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tik Tok.
· Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays are required.
· Prior experience in sports marketing and promotions is preferred.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following documents saved as one PDF file: cover letter, resume and an example of a graphic or social media post you’ve created in the past to Cassie Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org