Manager, Sport Development
viaSport is a non-profit organization that believes in the power of sport to impact communities and lives across British Columbia. We support B.C. amateur sport organizations to create experiences that are safe, inclusive and meaningful. Through social innovation, we strive to improve access to sport, strengthen the ecosystem, and inspire communities with research, program development, education, evaluation, and fund development.
As a small and passionate team located in downtown Vancouver with an operating budget of approximately $2M, we manage the government’s $15M investment in sport and are dedicated to scaling the impact of sport in the province and beyond. As a key driver of this important work, our team is looking for a dynamic sport leader to help deliver this strategic vision.
viaSport is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that a diverse work force is critical to accomplishing our vision and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reporting to the Director, Sport Development, the Manager will contribute to and be responsible for the implementation of the provincial Sport Development strategy including:
- Development of program and policy tools;
- Development of education and training opportunities;
- Evaluation of funded organizations;
- Enhancement of provincial governance structures.
Full-time, 37.5 hrs/week
- Project Management
- Manage project team and assign tasks
- Oversee approved project budgets
- Prepare and update project plans
- Produce project reports
- Represent viaSport on the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representative (PTCR) group and/or other provincial task forces
- Maintain a positive relationship with PSO partners and other external agencies
- Facilitate tasks teams, advisory groups or sector consultation as required
- Work closely with the communications team to deliver targeted communications to provincial sport partners
- Manage the delivery of the NCCP multi-sport programming and Coach Developer initiatives
- Oversee the delivery of the strategy to build sector capacity
- Build a central repository of tools and resources to support sport organizations
- Safe Sport
- Manage the implementation of safe sport initiatives (Sport Law Connect Program, etc)
- Contribute to the development of policies and resources related to safe sport practices
- Develop tools & resources to strengthen sector governance
- Explore opportunities for collaboration and shared services
- Participate in the assessment and review of funded organizations
- Assist to strengthen sector performance
Education and/or experience
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 5+ years experience in sport development
- Direct hands-on experience managing a team
- Strong project management experience
- Knowledge of the BC Sport System and the NCCP
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of budget planning and monitoring
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think critically and adapt to change
- Office location: 1351-409 Granville Street, Vancouver
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week) – with flexibility to work evenings or weekends
- Includes benefits according to viaSport People Policies
If you’re eager to contribute to a collaborative team doing meaningful work, let us know how this role fits with your background and goals for growth, as well as your salary expectations.
A Criminal Record Check will be required.
To apply, please submit your
cover letter and resume here by March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those invited to interview will be contacted.