Manager, Sales RBC Canadian Open
OPPORTUNITY: Title: Manager, Sales RBC Canadian Open
Reports to: Senior Director, Sales
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Start Date: July 1st, 2021
HOURS OF WORK: Golf Canada’s regular hours of work are 40 hours per week, namely Monday to Friday,
8 hours a day and 5 days a week including a one-hour lunch. However, the demands of your position may require your hours of work to vary to meet the objectives of your employment. Due to the nature of this position, there may also be some travel required and the need to work some weekends.
Golf Canada – Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
- Responsible for new business and territory development as well as client renewals, with a focus placed on selling Corporate Hospitality and Ticket Sales for the RBC Canadian Open.
- The Manager of Sales is required to focus on generating new business for the RBC Canadian Open and candidates should have a proven track record, the ability to be competitive and resilient, and an existing book of business that can be easily converted.
- Required to have high activity levels with high volume calls, emails, face-to-face meetings etc.;
- Leverage existing individual network (i.e., current clients and partners, host club members, vendors, community service groups, and other key stakeholders);
- Prospect, generate leads, develop relationships, understand customer needs, present solutions, negotiate, and close new business deals;
- Develop and execute ticket strategies to be implemented as part of a team collaboration for all the RBC Canadian Open;
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Sales to ensure target goals are created and met or exceeded on an annual basis;
- Work effectively cross-departmentally to ensure our products and services are integrated into existing and prospective customers’ businesses;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, including PGA Tour, Golf Canada Operations and RBCCO Championship staff to ensure optimal sales strategies are being implemented;
- Use creative ideas to stay in front of clients throughout the year, to exceed their expectations, and ensure customer satisfaction that will translate into renewals and increased participation from year to year.
- Manage daily and weekly sales activity including outbound calls, virtual or face to face meetings, proposals, as well as attending networking functions (including community and charity functions);
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABIITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Communications, Sales and Marketing, or other related fields;
- Minimum five (5) years of business-to-business sales experience;
- Background in sport with event or team experience in sponsorship/hospitality ticket sales is preferred;
- Well established contacts (book of business), with emphasis on the Greater Toronto Area (GTA);
- Proven track record of uncovering new business and proven sales results;
- CRM activity-based sales, management, and protocols (Salesforce preferred);
- High degree of professional conduct and ethical practices;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong network and relationship building abilities;
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and assimilates well within a team environment;
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered an asset.
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to five (5) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, Sunday May 23rd, 2021. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada has four core values “Respect, Responsiveness, Inclusion, Purposeful” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.