Manager, Capital Projects
As a key member of the 2023 Canada Winter Games leadership team, the Manager Capital Projects, is a staff person responsible for bringing strategic leadership, support and knowledge to ensure effective implementation of the capital project and venue fit-out plan for the 2023 Canada Winter Games.
Working closely with the Director of Capital Projects, Venues & Overlay, the Manager is responsible for supporting the planning, execution and administration of the capital projects and venue fit-out plans for approximately 20 competition and non-competition venues. In addition, the Manager will ensure communication between interdependent departments is maintained through open, transparent and collaborative processes.
- University Degree in Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Technology or related experience.
• 8-10 years of progressively responsible managerial, construction administration and related experience
• Experience working at an equivalent management level in a complex environment
• Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to motivate and direct a number of broad, complex and diverse activities in a dynamic environment
• Understanding of Prince Edward Island’s norms, culture and its key stakeholders
Competencies and Skills
• Exceptional skills in managing a diverse range of activities including working with owners, designers and contractors
• Experience with site development and building construction and related best practices
• Ability to liaise and interact with external stakeholders including municipalities, volunteer and community organizations, and service groups
• Excellent communication, negotiation, financial management, people management, risk management and change management skills
The following attributes will be considered as assets:
• Knowledge of sport and sports infrastructure
• Experience with sport venue operations
• Experience with federal and/or provincial infrastructure programs
• Fluency in both English and French
• Experience working in the Google platform
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Director of Capital Projects, Venues & Overlay on all areas as it relates to the Capital Project and Venue Overlay functional areas. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Develop and finalize the capital project and fit-out plans based on the overall Business Plan and manage execution of those elements of the plan in a highly cross-functional, collaborative environment.
2. Managing a group of staff and assisting in building out, guiding and leading a contingent of volunteers for venue fit-out
3. Working co-operatively with the functions identified within the “major interdependency” areas as it relates to service delivery, games time management, and budget management
4. Liaising with the approximately 20 competition and non-competition venue owners
5. Capital project planning including issuance of RFP’s & RFQ’s
6. Developing contracts, MOU’s, venue use agreements
7. Planning and implementation of sustainable practices within functional area
8. Reviewing capital project and venue fit-out plans with the Canada Games Council Accessibility Core Plan and other applicable accessibility standards
9. Developing of construction cost estimates and schedules
10. Preparing monthly reports to share with leadership
11. Preparing for meetings and attendance of project meetings
12. Generating venue fit-out drawings
This is a contract position, commencing in May 2020 until April 2023.
To apply, forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Host Society reserves the right to change, amend or disuse this job description at any time. This document is intended to provide an overview of the required responsibilities and qualifications.
Posting Closes: April 24, 2020