Title: Brand Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
Location: Golf Canada Head Office/Hybrid
Status: Full Time
Ideal Start Date: January 2023
As a key member of the Marketing and Communications team you will be responsible for employing a market and consumer led approach to unlock new value for the Golf Canada organization. Working closely with multiple departments the Brand Manager will be a key stakeholder in ensuring all marketing functions are aligned to ensure effective, integrated campaigns and executions.
1. Brand Management 50%
· Assist in the development and execution of brand strategies to support Golf Canada’s Marketing and
Communications plan as the National Sport Federation.
· Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities working collaboratively with Professional Championships (RBC Canadian Open and CP Women’s Open), Amateur Championships, Commercial, Sport and Golf Services groups.
· Demonstrate strength in writing and editing with an understanding of corporate voice.
· Understand and communicate Golf Canada vision and mission
· Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
· Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
· Ensure all brand and product marketing is aligned to brand standards and positioning
· Developing strategy in partnership with Senior Management
· Lead the successful commercialization of new products
· Responsible for developing positioning, strategy, annual planning at the brand level
· Align business processes, drive priorities, and initiatives across assigned brand team/function to create seamless integration
2. Marketing Plan Execution and Project Management 25%
· Develop integrated marketing calendar and individual department marketing plans with the
ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Ensure consolidated activity calendar aligns to Golf Canada commercial objectives
· Develop marketing plans and presentations
· Work cross functionally with other marketing team members to deliver integrated
· Support content development activities
3. Reporting and analysis 20%
· Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs
· Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
· Provide price benchmarking and analysis
· Analyze product marginality
4. Other Duties 5%
· Special assignments as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
· Minimum 5 years working experience in brand management
· Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
· Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
· Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
· Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
· Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
· Outstanding communication skills
· Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
· Degree in marketing or a related field
· Keen attention to detail with strong writing and editing skills
· Self-starter who is confident and tactful, but understands when to seek advice and direction
· A quick learner with strong interpersonal skills
· Interest in golf/sport considered a strong asset
Golf Canada – Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
Apply via Career Page Link Below
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to six (6) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume to Career Page, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm,January 8th , 2023. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for all, especially children. All applicants will be
thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace
in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are
included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core
values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation
during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.