AthletesCAN, the association of Canada’s national team athletes, is the only fully independent and
most inclusive athlete organization in the country and the first organization of its kind in the world. As
the voice of over 6,000 current and recently retired Canadian national team athletes, AthletesCAN
membership spans 68 sports across the Olympic, Paralympic, Pan/Parapan American, and
Commonwealth Games, and those currently funded by Sport Canada competing at Senior World
AthletesCAN ensures an athlete-centered sport system by developing athlete leaders who influence
sport policy and, as role models, inspire a strong sport culture, through educational resources, support,
training and professional development.
Follow us on social @AthletesCAN or AthletesCAN.ca.
Purpose of the Position
The Student Internship position is responsible for providing effective support to AthletesCAN staff,
Board, athletes and volunteers.
MAJOR PROJECT AREAS
• Event Management – assist with planning and delivery of events and activities, logistics for operational meetings, conferences & travel plans
• Membership recruitment & database management
• Leadership & Skills development program research & expansion
• Be familiar with AthletesCAN’s organizational structure and general policies and procedures in order to effectively research and provide assistance on policy and project areas
• Provide administrative support as assigned
• Assemble information packages, printing & mailing
• Pursue AthletesCAN objectives and initiatives
• Ensure AthletesCAN policies are upheld
• Other duties as may be assigned
• Reports to the AthletesCAN Board Executive on a regular basis
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• Bilingual (English/French) (preferred but not required)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to multitask and meet tight
• Self motivated, proficient, and reliable
• Possess the ability and eagerness to work within a team environment
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Office experience required
• Open to post secondary degree or diploma students (students studying in sport or leisure are preferred)
• Understanding or experience with a sport organizational system (beneficial but not required)
All AthletesCAN internship positions are part-time, paid roles and will be compensated with course
credit and/or an honorarium at the completion of the term. Positions are also dependent on AthletesCAN acquiring appropriate funding through the 2023 Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter format by April 3rd, 2023 to: Erin Willson, President firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern, Operations” included in the subject line. For more information about AthletesCAN please visit AthletesCAN.ca
We thank all candidates who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please note that all recruitment will be conducted through AthletesCAN.ca, our official social media
channels (@AthletesCAN) and our authorized email domain (@athletescan.ca).
If you are contacted about a position with AthletesCAN from an unauthorized account, please do not
share any personal information or engage with the sender. AthletesCAN will not ask you unsolicited to provide this information, or to purchase anything as part of any legitimate, verified hiring process through our organization.