Intern, Communications & Special Events
INTERN, COMMUNICATIONS & SPECIAL EVENTS
STATUS: Paid Internship
REPORTING TO: Manager, Events
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON
START DATE: September 1, 2020
LANGUAGE: Bilingualism is a strong asset (English and French)
The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
The CAC is dedicated to offer a diverse and inclusive workplace and to create a culture and commitment that align with our aspirational values.
• Seek to Understand
• Cultivate Inclusion
• Be Curious
• Act with Courage
• Lead and Serve with Gratitude
The CAC understands the diversity of its workforce and offers different opportunities through its practices and policies to promote a work-life balance for its employees.
The Intern, Communications & Special Events is a paid internship position that will assist in the planning and execution of the 2020 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif Conference. The Intern supports the CAC’s Event Manager and the Marketing and Communications team in functions such as agenda and content writing, website and social media updates, vendor management, sponsorship activations, and customer support. This role will be pivotal in delivering three days of professional development and networking for coaches, researchers, sport executives and administrators from across Canada.
In light of ongoing uncertainties and movement restrictions that remain in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please note this will be a remote position working 3 days per week from September 1 – December 18, 2020. The successful candidate will be asked to align working hours with the Event Manager. Increased hours will be required during the week of November 2-6, 2020.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and review event documents including speaker biographies, session descriptions, PowerPoint presentations, social media announcements and push notifications;
• Manage workflow of documents requiring translation;
• Update copy and content on the event website/app; and
• Facilitate speaker briefings/rehearsals with the audio-visual and production teams.
• Service sponsors by administering and measuring activations through the event website/app;
• Develop social media and marketing content to inform and attract delegates;
• Create positive experiences for award recipients through timely communications and customer service;
• Coordinate packaging and shipping of award recipient, dignitary, and delegate gifts;
• Assist in managing the event help desk during the event, facilitating a smooth process for delegates; and
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Superior verbal and written skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of tact, diplomacy, maturity and professionalism;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Effective and flexible time management, capable of multi-tasking with several competing requests;
• Robust decision making and problem-solving skills under pressure;
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
• Comfortable mastering new technologies in a remote/virtual work environment;
• Functions effectively in a team setting and builds collaborative cross-functional relationships;
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
The CAC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Please send your resume and cover letter by Sunday, August 16, 2020 to email@example.com. All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.