High-Performance Coach OR Head Coach
Our club is pleased to announce that we are actively seeking an experienced, inspiring, collaborative High-Performance Coach OR Head Coach (20-30h/wk, dependent on candidate experience and availability).
This is a unique opportunity to join an established and well-regarded club in Victoria BC and to motivate our athletes towards the realization of their potential.
The successful applicant will coach, inspire, and lead our athletes, and will be an integral member of our coaching team and club. We are offering a paid role, compensation commensurate with experience, comprised of significant high-performance coaching duties.
Candidates with significant experience and interest related to club leadership, administration, coach training and mentoring will further be considered for a Head Coach role.
Our club’s mission statement reads “Victoria Artistic Swimming supports and promotes the sport of artistic swimming by encouraging commitment, excellence, fair play, and fellowship among the club’s athletes, coaches and parents, and by inspiring each individual to reach their own potential in a safe, secure and supportive environment.” We are looking for a High Performance Coach to help us attain this goal, to lead our National Stream athletes, and to strengthen and grow our high-performance program. In doing this the ideal candidate will recognize and facilitate the unique needs of, and build relationships with, athletes of all levels, parents, coaches, and our world-class training facility.
The ideal candidate will fill the following requirements:
- Competition Development Certified or equivalent, in compliance with BC and Canada Artistic Swimming (BCAS and CAS) requirements.
- Familiarity with the evolution and the significant recent changes of the sport of artistic swimming.
- Minimum of 2 years national level Artistic Swimming coaching experience, and an ability to work with athletes of all levels.
- Familiarity with Canadian Sport, including Long-Term Development Framework, True Sport principles and Safe Sport training, and Responsible Coaching Movement.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays as required.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Canada, and potentially internationally.
- Clear, up to date Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check.
- First Aid trained and certified.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following skills:
- Strong technical coaching ability and a track record of delivering quality, safe, effective coaching to high performance athletes.
- Proven ability to build strong, healthy coach-athlete connections and to foster a collaborative and positive training environment among athletes and coaches.
- Strong, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement, discretion, and confidentiality.
Victoria Artistic Swimming is fortunate to train at an incredible facility, Saanich Commonwealth Place, which hosted the Commonwealth Games in 1994. We are located in highly desirable Victoria, British Columbia. Our club has been in operation for over four decades, offering a range of opportunities including recreational, provincial stream, national stream and masters-level programs.
To learn more about this position or to submit your cover letter and resume, please reach out to email@example.com. Please indicate whether you would like to be considered for a Head Coach and/or High-Performance Coach role. Should you see a potential fit with your skills and interests, but require some flexibility related to a job-sharing or similar situation, please feel free to reach out to discuss. We look forward to connecting with you!