Head Women’s Hockey Coach
Broncos Athletics at Olds College is currently seeking a full time Head Women’s Hockey Coach to lead our team through the 2022-2023 season. This is an interim role for the 2022-23 season with potential of transitioning to permanent full time.
Our intercollegiate teams have established a rich tradition of student- athlete success that ranks Olds College as among the finest intercollegiate programs both in the Alberta Colleges Athletics Conference
(ACAC) and the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). Because of this, we are confident that Olds College student-athletes develop life skills of teamwork, commitment, discipline and time management that are valued throughout their careers.
Key Job Functions
· Manage team operations as it relates to equipment, budget, fundraising and community engagement
· Design and implement a Yearly Training Plan, including but not limited to, practice planning, competition schedule, team building etc.
· Ensure the appropriate academic standards of the student-athletes are monitored and met
· Utilize appropriate tactical and technical strategies during practice and competition
· Effectively and efficiently analyze performance and provide constructive feedback to student-athletes
· Maintain effective communication with student-athletes, strength and conditioning coach, support staff, administration and faculty
· Lead the team to a common and cohesive goal and instill a desire to succeed and attain higher goals as a team and individual players
· Support and act in accordance to the Broncos Athletics strategic plan and initiatives as they relate to: fundraising, sponsorship, general promotions, budget management, appropriate administrative responsibilities and community and alumni relations
· Supervise student-athletes who are representing Olds College at ACAC, CCAA and any exhibition competitions and ensure their adherence to the Athlete Code of Conduct
· Maintain an active, focused recruiting plan including prospect and ID camps
· Work with Broncos Camps Coordinator to lead minimum of one Broncos Development camp
· Coordinate seasonal Sportsplex facility bookings with Town of Olds as it relates to practices, games and camps
· The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary degree and a minimum of 3 years’ of coaching experience at the College, University, Provincial, National or Professional level.
· A National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level III, HP1 or working towards and will complete within 12 months of hiring.
· Provincial or National team player participation may be considered in lieu of coaching experience.
· The candidate will also enjoy and contribute to working in a team environment while displaying flexibility and ability to adapt, are able to adhere to a professional code of conduct that includes being approachable, maintaining a positive attitude, and being trustworthy.
· The successful candidate must be able to travel and willing to work flexible hours, primarily evenings and weekends.
Conditions of Employment
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Current Criminal Reference check that is free of any offenses.
- Must respect and actively promote health and safety policies.