Head Tennis Coach
Philpott Children’s Tennis is proud of its long history of promoting health, physical and moral well-being among Toronto’s inner-city youth through its skill and leadership development programs.
The Head Instructor’s primary responsibility is to design and administer a quality summer tennis program at their designated site in a professional, courteous, and enthusiastic manner.
Detailed Duties: Administration
- Organize and prepare daily lesson plans
- Arrive by 8:45am at the latest to be able to set-up and organize equipment, explain the daily plan to the assistant instructor, and take attendance
- Provide accurate attendance, incident and equipment inventory reports
- Store equipment and first aid kits securely at the end of each day
- Report concerns/problems immediately to the Site Supervisor (or Head Coach)
Instruction and Coaching:
- Prepare daily/weekly lesson plans and explain them to the assistant instructor.
- Plan and execute each day’s lessons with suitable progressions and drills to meet the needs of the participants individually and as a group.
- Manage the assistant instructor(s) and ensure they are engaged and contribute to the program at all times.