Head Coach, Women’s Lacrosse
The McMaster Department of Athletics and Recreation’s mission is to “cultivate human potential and enrich wellness through recreation and sport”. In support of this mission, the McMaster Marauders seek an experienced, student-athlete centered, highly qualified and motivated leader to direct its Women’s Lacrosse program. The ideal candidate is committed to leading the program while focused upon the student-athlete experience. The successful candidate will be a student-first leader who has a growth mindset, is an identifier and developer of talent and is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in sporting environments. This individual role models the values & expectations of McMaster University and the Department of Athletics and Recreation.
This part-time position is responsible for all coaching elements associated with the sport program.
Reporting to the Manager, Competitive Sports, the incumbent is responsible for the overall direction, planning, team selection, and player development. The head coach ensure compliance to McMaster, OUA policies and regulations.
The coach will work cooperatively with athletic department staff in event scheduling, facility, travel planning, budgeting, purchasing of equipment and apparel, alumni engagement and completing other administrative requirements.
The Women’s Lacrosse season begins with training camp in end of August/beginning of September, with league play beginning early September, and finishing with OUA championships in late October. Practices typically occur 3 times a week in the evening.
- Outstanding character, integrity, passion and a commitment to excellence
- Excellent communicator with strong teaching and technical lacrosse skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated team player
- Commitment to promotion equity, diversity and inclusion
- Be knowledgeable in the technical, tactical, physical and psychological elements of lacrosse
- Willingness to work with an integrated support team
- Preference to those with experience in coaching (college or university preferred)
- Preference to those who have competed in lacrosse at a post-secondary level (OUA or NCAA)
- Preference to candidates that have completed the NCCP coaching certification
- Preference to those applicants with at minimum a Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends is required.
- The successful candidate will require a vulnerable sector check.
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be for one year commencing August 1 2022 with the option to renew pending a year-end performance evaluation.
Letters of interest and resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Equity Statement
McMaster University is located on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee and Mississauga
Nations and within the lands protected by the “Dish With One Spoon” wampum agreement.
The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research
and teaching excellence. In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared
Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has
a strong commitment to employment equity.
The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will
contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially welcomes applications from
indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with
disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.