Head Coach, Track & Field / Cross Country
The Department of Athletics, Faculty of Kinesiology at the University of Calgary is currently seeking a Head Coach, Track & Field/Cross Country. This is a full-time, limited term position for the 2021-22 academic year, with the possibility of extension.
The University of Calgary Athletic Department supports 14 varsity teams and nine competitive clubs. A unit within the Faculty of Kinesiology, Dinos Athletics competes within the Canada West Conference and U SPORTS. Dinos Athletics is committed to competing with the very best university teams in Canada while building pride on campus.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics, and is responsible for developing nationally competitive track and field and cross country student-athletes while providing outstanding leadership of the Dinos track and field program through the coaching, recruitment/retention and public relations duties required in organizing a competitive and successful team. Fund development and promoting academic success for the student athletes under your supervision are also critical components of this role.
You will be in support of and act in accordance to the strategic direction and initiatives of the Department, Faculty of Kinesiology and the University of Calgary as they relate to fundraising, general promotions, budget management, staff management, and appropriate administrative responsibilities. The position requires that you have values consistent with the high standards of the University of Calgary and have a desire to produce a program that competes with the very best teams in the nation. In addition, the head coach will ensure compliance with Canada West and U SPORTS rules and regulations.
You will display a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of the track and field/cross country program and provide student-athletes with a safe, inclusive environment in which to achieve their academic and athletic goals.
• A minimum of five years coaching experience in track and field/cross country, preferably at the college, university, or high performance/national team level.
• Knowledge of and commitment to high performance team building and athlete development.
• Minimum of Bachelor of Kinesiology or related degree, master’s degree preferred.
• Fully certified NCCP Performance Coach (Athletics) required, equivalency may be considered.
• Demonstrated commitment to SafeSport and equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
• Strong communication, administration and budget skills required.