Head Coach Men’s Volleyball
As a member of the Lions Athletics and Campus Recreation Department, this person is to give leadership to the Men’s Volleyball program at Ambrose University.
Main responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for leading all aspects of the Men’s Volleyball program in consultation with the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation, including training athletes, promoting athletic and personal growth, and seeking to fulfill the mission of Ambrose University.
- To recruit and retain student athletes towards degree completion and toward building a competitive and flourishing team culture.
- To build the MVB program through various off-court responsibilities, including recruiting, communicating with alumni, helping run tournaments and camps, supporting academic progress of student-athletes, being involved with the Ambrose and external community, etc.
- To find and lead a team of assistant coaches for the Men’s Volleyball team and to guide these fellow coaches in the Ambrose Athletics mission.
- To perform numerous administrative tasks that pertain to the MVB team (ie. seasonal planning, practice planning, budget planning, department correspondence, etc.).
- Coaching Certification NCCP Certified Advanced Development Coach (old Level II) attained or in process.
- Athletics, leadership, coaching, and administrative experience preferably in a High-Performance setting.
- Recruiting, coaching, mentoring, administration, program planning, leadership and motivation skills, relational strengths, budget competence, and others.
- Possess the highest standards of personal integrity, a strong work ethic and an optimistic outlook.
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and to govern the conduct of their work in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter Attention to Human Resources email@example.com indicating Head Coach Men’s Volleyball in the subject line. Salary expectations are available upon request. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.