General Manager (BC School Sports Properties)
Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms.. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation, and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health, and dental coverage, paid parental leave and a RRSP plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
Playfly Sports Properties is the exclusive marketing and multi-media rights partner of the BC SCHOOL SPORTS. We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of General Manager with BC School Sports Properties in Burnaby, British Columbia.
The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate prior revenue results and leadership qualities with a minimum of five (5) years of direct sales experience in the sports multi-media environment. The candidate must be driven and coachable to execute the Playfly Sports Properties revenue model and to understand the distinctive relationship with the BC SCHOOL SPORTS, which has created a new standard in High School multi-media rights management landscape.
Successful candidate will work out of the BC SCHOOL SPORTS office and be motivated to:
- Work with BC SCHOOL SPORTS Staff and Playfly Sports Properties senior level staff to pitch and close enterprise partnership agreements.
- Prospect, meet and close a significant number of new and renewal high level corporate sponsorships.
- Generate incremental sponsorship revenue to meet and exceed individual and team goals!
- Uphold and support by example a culture of hard work, creativity – always building team belief in the revenue goal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help develop and execute a sales plan to meet and/or exceed assigned annual revenue targets
- Identify potential sponsors for BC SCHOOL SPORTS Properties through networking with BC SCHOOL SPORTS stakeholders and business partners, researching local, regional, and national companies, and selling them marketing platforms that incorporate sponsorship inventory including entitlements, signage, digital assets, print, promotion, community involvement and hospitality.
- Work with Playfly Sports Properties and BC SCHOOL SPORTS staff and executives to create sales inventory, revenue projections and overall sponsorship strategy for BC SCHOOL SPORTS assets.
- Develop compelling sales presentations for new marketing partners by incorporating research, category dynamics and a clear understanding of partner’s marketing goals.
- Manage the sales process from start to finish (create proposals and draft/negotiate contracts).
- Develop key marketing objectives with clients via thorough needs assessment and a collaborative sales process.
- Entertain and cultivate sponsors in various settings.
- Be available for championship events, conferences, meetings (some weekends and evenings).
- Be available to travel for client presentations.
- Prepare end-of-year recaps for sponsors.
- Represent BC SCHOOL SPORTS Properties, BC SCHOOL SPORTS and Playfly Sports Properties in a professional manner.
- Research sports sponsorship industry and stay current with relevant market trends and conditions.
- Manage P&L for maximum revenue and efficient costs.
- Oversee management of radio network (terrestrial, digital) and supervise the respective broadcast talent.
- Supports and exhibits behavior consistent with the sales and service philosophy of Playfly Sports Properties.
- Acts with diplomacy as a representative of Playfly Sports Properties.
- Creates a collegial and collaborative work environment with integrity, empathy, and innovation as true-north core values.
- Actively work on diversity, equity, and inclusion within the team.
- Work with federation to conceive and create more robust digital and social media assets.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Five (5) years of direct sales experience in the sports multi-media environment
- Proven sales record with integrated and “conceptual” sales
- Ability to generate and present ideas/concepts succinctly and provide creative solutions to prospects/clients
- Outstanding communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders, and other senior executives
- Demonstrated professional sales presentation skills
- Must successfully pass background check.