At Sport Manitoba, we fund and plan sports programs to promote the development of vibrant citizens and a thriving sport community in Manitoba. As a not-for-profit organization, we aim to ensure every Manitoban has access to the resources they need to achieve their full athletic potential, and we do this every day by developing the skill sets of Manitoba’s athletes, coaches, volunteers, and officials. For more information on Sport Manitoba visit www.sportmanitoba.ca
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, future leader in the Manitoba sport system to help drive the goals and objectives of Sport Manitoba’s Games Unit. The Games Specialist supports Manitoba’s current and next generation of high performance athletes via multi-sport games program management and consultative services to sport governing bodies. The successful candidate can expect mentorship opportunities, meaningful connections to provincial sport agencies, and challenging assignments that will propel them along their career pathway. Specifically, the Games Specialist assists with Sport Manitoba’s Manitoba Games and Canada Games programs.
- Consulting services to Manitoba Games Host Society Committees in operational plan development
- Coordinating Team Manitoba program administration, implementation, event logistics and evaluation
- Assisting Sport Partner funding area by offering recognized sport organizations services and resources to support organizational effectiveness, governance, and sport program development
The successful candidate will be expected to attend the 2023 Canada Winter Games in Prince Edward Island from February 14 to March 6, 2023.
- Completion of post-secondary education in either sport or recreation, or business management (or related field)
- Experience working with volunteer, provincial sport, and/or national sport organizations is an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to make quick decisions
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing roles
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work extra time outside of normal office hours as required
- Proficiency with common business software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
What we offer:
- Employee group insurance benefits (includes medical, dental, vision, EAP)
- Group Pension Plan
- Free fitness membership
- Subsidized transportation/parking
- Professional development opportunities
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team and supportive culture, please submit in your confidential professional resume, cover letter, salary expectations and three references by email no later than December 8, 2022 to email@example.com
Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Sport Manitoba is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At Sport Manitoba, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.