Game Plan Advisor
|Game Plan Advisor||Posting Date:
October 16, 2020
November 2, 2020
(4:00 p.m. EST)
Week of November 9th
|REPORTS TO:||1. Game
Plan National Manager
|LOCATION:||Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
(Toronto Pan Am
|SALARY:||Salary range is $65,000 – $75,000 per year, plus
Game Plan Advisors are the first stop for Canadian athletes who wish to excel on and off the field of play. The Game Pla Plan program is delivered by the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN) and supported by by the Government of Canada, Canadian Paralympic Committee, and Canadian Olympic Committee.
Reporting to a regional supervisor and the Game Plan National Manager, a Game Plan Advisor is part of a Canadian-wi team that supports athletes from start of their national team careers to the end, and beyond. The Game Plan Advisor is responsible for the delivery of a suite of products, workshops and programs available to Game Plan-eligible athletes that range from workshops and events, career and/or education support, to counselling. Advisors work with the Game Plan support staff and other advisors in research, program evaluation and program development. Advisors require, creativity, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, leadership, an entrepreneurial attitude and an exceptional ability to work in a cocomplex team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Deliver individual athlete coaching and advising across Game Plan’s five elements;
- Provide ongoing advising support to individual athletes as required;
- Deliver career transition services that support sport performance;
- Provide athletes with expert-based support and resources needed to plan and manage their non-sport commitments so they can excel in sport and beyond;
- Liaise with athletes, coaches, parents and support staff to identify issues or challenges that may be impeding performance while respecting confidentiality.
EVENT PLANNING & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Plan and deliver Game Plan networking events and skill development workshops, including booking locations, scheduling speakers/workshop facilitators, inviting athletes and athlete alumni, arranging
catering needs, A/V needs, ensuring proper event branding;
- Manage annual regional event budget by preparing individual event budgets and submitting to Game Plan National Manager for approval;
- Work with the Game Plan National Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager, other support staff and advisors to identify opportunities to grow Game Plan.
- Proactively create opportunities to inform and educate stakeholders on Game Plan services and resources. In particular, build strong relationships with key national sport organization staff working in the region including but not limited to coaches, high performance directors, operations directors and team managers, with the goal of building partnerships and growing Game Plan’s positive impact on
- Develop and/or maintain a network of service providers and event facilitators to provide athletes external support in the areas of education, career, health, networking, and skill development;
- Work with the Game Plan National Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager to fulfil account management duties to grow and service a portfolio of partnerships established with educational institutions and the corporate community to leverage opportunities for athletes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and critical skills
Undergraduate and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a counselor, coach, teacher, advisor, therapist, or related field Post-graduate qualification or accreditation in career development advising is
considered an asset
High degree of independence and initiative, a “self-starter” Professional or personal track record showing networking ability
Understanding of the unique needs and pressures of high performance athletes in Canada
Understanding of the key stakeholders and organizations in the Canadian high performance sport system
In-depth knowledge of athlete transitions in the context of the long-term athlete development pathway
Knowledge of career exploration and planning strategies to help athletes develop the skills needed to plan for their post-sport career
Willingness to learn
Willingness to go through background check
Skills and Abilities
Business acumen demonstrated through work history, prior education or personal projects
Experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating career development plans preferred
Experience in identifying and integrating services to best support the client’s career and sport performance goals preferred
Experience working as part of an integrated support team to deliver performance services to individual athletes and teams an asset
Former National Team athlete or experience working with athletes
The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario is committed to the pursuit of excellence by providing world-class programs, staff, services, and leadership to high performance athletes and coaches to enhance their ability to achieve international podium performances.
The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario is a recognized world leader in the delivery of applied sport science, sport medicine, athlete/coach and staff development, resulting in more Canadian athletes on the international podium.
Values – Commitment, Synergy, Integrity, Openness (CSIO)
We take care of each other. We serve the organization to the best of our abilities. We provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
We respect and recognize the contributions and diversity of our team. We interact in ways that bring out the best in each other. We build productive relationships to achieve success.
We are consistent and ethical in our actions. We present unvarnished truth in an appropriate transparent manner. We provide and demonstrate a safe and inclusive environment.
We are authentic in the way we interact with each other. We embrace a solution-oriented approach.
We welcome timely feedback on how to improve.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter
(in one PDF document) to:
Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
Canadian Sport Institute Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.