Full Time Assistant Coach – Women’s Hockey
Job Title: Assistant Coach – Women’s Hockey
Job Type: Full-Time – Contract Position
Location: MRU Main Campus – Calgary, AB
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start Date: Negotiable
Reporting to the Women’s Hockey Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting with leading and developing an exciting and competitive high-performance U SPORTS Women’s Hockey program that enhances the strategic vision of the University and supports the campus community.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist with strategic planning, administration and monitoring of performance of the Women’s Hockey program.
● Practice planning, day to day organization, team communication and instruction.
● Game preparation including scouting, video analysis and tactical planning.
● Assist in the organization of team travel.
● Assist with recruitment efforts; talent identification, and evaluation.
● Assist with student-athlete development. This includes mentorship of individuals and supporting team dynamics, managing team rules and conduct, leadership development, commitment to safety, and supporting the overall well-being of student athletes.
● Remain current with knowledge, trends, and practices that are necessary to assist with building and maintaining a nationally competitive program and to promote an environment of growth.
● Assist with the planning and lead the implementation of fundraising activities that support the Women’s Hockey program.
● Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
● Ability to train and motivate athletes.
● Demonstrate passion and energy in a university community, particularly varsity athletics.
● Comprehensive knowledge of strategies and techniques that support the teaching, coaching, and ultimate preparation of student-athletes for practice and competition at the U SPORTS level.
● Strong organizational, administrative, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other video/analytics programs).
● Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, solid decision-making, and confidentiality of information within a Safe Sport environment
● Ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and professionally. Strong interpersonal skills, creative-thinking, and the ability to work in a team environment. Capable of eliciting and fostering trust with athletes, coaches, and other professionals.
● A Bachelor’s Degree combined with at least 3 years of coaching experience in a high-performance environment.
● Previous playing experience at a high level.
● Development 1 certification.
● Satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
● Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary Range: Based on experience
To Apply: Submit application documents (outlined below) via email to Women’s Hockey Head Coach: Scott Rivett – firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter, resume and a list of 2-3 references should be submitted in one .pdf formatted document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [First Name] [Last Name], [Assistant Coach].pdf (ex. Jane Doe, Assistant Coach.pdf).