Events and Officials Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION Events & Officials Coordinator
Reports To: Events & Officials Manager
Works with: Grassroots & Community Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Cycling for All Manager
Founded in 1882, Cycling Canada is one of Canada’s oldest National Sport Organizations with a rich heritage. From the days of Torchy Peden and Nora Young to modern day champions such as Alison Sydor, Steve Bauer and Gary Longhi, one thing is certain – Canadians achieve great things when they are on their bike.
The tagline, COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE, is an invitation to all cycling enthusiasts to join us in our journey to inspire Canadians to cycle. Our brand represents our passion for cycling and community, our dedication to the holistic development of the sport through inspiration and collaboration, and is inclusive of all cycling disciplines, from traditional sports like road and track to more recent additions like BMX Freestyle.
As an organization, our purpose is simple: inspire Canadians to cycle. Our mandate is to holistically develop our sport, putting more Canadians on bikes from coast-to-coast and more Canadians on podiums around the world. To that end, Cycling Canada has a bold strategic plan to transform our sport in Canada over the next ten years. We will engage, unite and support our partners to collectively develop our community through high quality programs, events and services that are aligned from coast-to-coast.
Moving forward Cycling Canada will focus and deliver on 4 strategic priorities in pursuit of its purpose:
(1) We will create a community of cyclists with deep connection, affinity and pride in the sport of cycling.
(2) We will teach children across Canada at the grassroots level the joy of cycling skillfully.
(3) We will produce and facilitate events that get Canadians genuinely excited about and engaged in the sport of cycling.
(4) We will develop and deliver a sustainable performance program continuously delivering gracious champions to the world stage and lifelong ambassadors to the community.
General Description: Events & Officials Coordinator
The Events & Officials Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Events & Officials Manager supporting the coordination, the administration and the logistics of national calendar events and the officials (commissaire) portfolio.
This position is based at the national office in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Events & Officials Coordinator reports directly to the Events & Officials Manager to support national calendar events and areas related to commissairing. The Events & Officials Coordinator also collaborates with the Cycling for All Manager supporting the execution of Cycling Canada’s community events.
The Events & Officials Coordinator will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada’s Domestic Department with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Assist with planning, organizing, and administering national calendar events
2. Support and lead on-site event delivery and activations at national calendar events
3. Serve as Cycling Canada’s direct liaison for national and international event applications
4. Assist with planning, organizing, and administering commissaire development & national assignments
5. Assist with the preparation, logistics and draft minutes for various operational committees
6. Support and lead the logistics surrounding the Domestic Department’s event collaterals and equipment
7. Assist with the development and maintenance of various Cycling Canada’s commissaire policies and rulebook
8. Maintain and update content on Cycling Canada’s website as it relates to national calendar events or commissairing
• University or college degree in Sport Administration/Management, Event Management, or equivalent experience
• Proven experience in Sport Administration with minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
• G class driver’s license, or equivalent
• Bilingual in both English and French languages a strong asset
• Experience working in Cycling an asset
On an occasional basis, the Events & Officials Coordinator will be required to travel to meetings, events or program activities within Canada. The association has a compensatory time off policy to cover such travel necessity.
On an annual basis the Events & Officials Coordinator will be expected to accomplish specific end results, the satisfactory fulfillment of job responsibilities and attainment of required level of ability in key competency areas. These three (3) components will form the basis of an annual performance review conducted by the Events & Officials Manager, supported by the Director of Marketing & Events.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by 23:59pm ET on July 4th to email@example.com
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.