Ringette Ontario Event Manager
Ringette Ontario is the Provincial Sport Organization for Ringette in Ontario. We are an athlete centric and value driven organization who oversees all ringette interests in the province.
Ringette Ontario delivers programming which focuses on athlete, coach, and official’s development, as well as supporting sanctioned events through tournaments, league play and Championships.
Ringette Ontario is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our country. We actively seek qualified individuals from equity seeking groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity, and inclusion in a provincial team environment.
Job Description: Event Manager
Reporting to: Acting Executive Director & Technical Director
Status: 6-month contract
Deadline: Friday, December 10th at 11:59pm.
Compensation: $25,000 plus expenses
Under the general supervision of the RO Acting Executive Director, the Events Manager will execute all aspects of event plans from initial planning, contracts, set ups, meeting room, bookings, and scheduling support. The manager plans event details for a variety of key internal and external events and responsible for handling post-event follow-up, preparing service contracts and invoices using templates.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Event Manager are, but not limited to, the following:
· Manage the planning, logistics and execution of AA and A Championships, including (but not limited to) liaising with involved teams, working with staff on hotel logistics, liaise with event hosts/host volunteers as needed, work with RAMP on game sheet app implementation,
· Volunteer Training and Management
· Act as Event Manager at events
· Plan and execute Adult Cup support with local host Club
· Support the execution of Ontario Winter Games
· Logistical support for teams who will move on to compete at Canadian Ringette Championships and Eastern Canadian Ringette Championships.
· Prepare and maintain “event kit” and logistics around its delivery to events.
· Develop emergency action/safety plans for each event.
· Assist with and provide appropriate communications and promotions for RO events with Marketing staff.
· Manage expense claims for event venue costs and per diem / remuneration for officials and event staff
· Ensure sponsorship deliverables are being implemented at events.
· Other event management duties as required.
· Respond to queries from the membership regarding Events.
· Provide reports and recommendations to the Technical Director on a regular basis. Assist in the coordination and development of web-based resources, including existing and new technologies.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must have the ability to work remotely and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
· Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
· An understanding of the sport of ringette and event management.
· Possess strong organizational, communication and time-management skills.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience.
· Working knowledge of MS Office, Google, Dropbox, Zoom and Adobe
· Experience in Basecamp considered an asset.
· Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal and be comfortable on video presentations.
· A current Enhanced Police Record Check will be required.
· Flexibility to adapt to changing plans, occasionally with little notice.
· Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those who have been selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Karla Xavier (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, December 10th at 11:59pm.