Director-At-Large, Board of Directors (3-year term)
The Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO) is a non-profit organization that supports and advocates for
coaches from community to high performance across all sports in Ontario. We offer coach development,
funding opportunities and events with a goal of providing Ontario coaches with quality programming and
services. With an office located in Toronto and a strong online presence, the CAO aims to connect coaches with appropriate support and services to better recruit, retain, and recognize them throughout their coaching journey.
CHARACTERISTICS: The CAO is looking for a qualified candidate to join a passionate group of diverse coaches and help lead the organization through its strategic initiatives and activities. The CAO board is encouraging individuals who have a keen interest in the development of provincial amateur sport through our work supporting and developing coaches to apply.
The CAO especially welcomes candidates from those who can strengthen the CAO with the following areas of skills, attributes and expertise including:
- Coaching experience in Ontario at any context (paid and/or volunteer role).
- A professional background in corporate governance law in the non profit sector.
- Thorough understanding of the Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act (ONCA).
- Consideration will also be made with respect to the individual’s geographical region and sport background.
- The CAO is committed to diverse representation and including voices that are reflective of different
lived experiences across the Ontario coaching landscape and our sport community. We are actively
looking for people from all backgrounds to ensure that our work in supporting coaches is representative of the province where we live and work.
- Operational responsibility is delegated to the Executive Director and the Board will provide vision and direct the organization forward. The Board will not involve itself in day-to-day operations.
- The Director positions provide expertise, support leadership initiatives, policy and strategic decisions and act as Ambassadors for the organization.
- Establish the overall, mission, vision, values, objectives, and priorities of the organization;
- Work with the membership and stakeholders to ensure Ontario coaches’ evolving needs and interests are reflected in our work;
- Review policies to guide the organization towards the achievement of the organization’s goals;
- Monitor the results and progress of the organization against the strategic goals and objectives;
- Ensure compliance with not-for-profit and legislative requirements;
- Pass resolutions it considers necessary or advisable to manage and conduct the affairs of the organization.
- Monthly commitments to board discussions and potential committees.
- Elections will take place at CAO AGM in October 2022.
This is a volunteer position.
Please send an outline of qualifications and experiences that you believe would make you an ideal candidate for consideration for this board position no later than August 31, 2022 5:00pm. (See instructions below)
All applications will be acknowledged when received; however only candidates considered qualified for follow up will be scheduled.
Those individuals interested in being considered for the role of Director-at-large, please submit a completed applications package. The package must include:
Form A: Statement of Interest
Form B: Letter of Support from a Nominator (fellow coach, employer)
Form C: Resume
Send by email to email@example.com
Coaches Association of Ontario
c/o Nominations Committee
1 Concorde Gate, Suite #200A
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
The Coaches Association of Ontario is committed to Employment Equity.