Digital Media & Communications Coordinator
Established in 1904, BC Soccer is the largest provincial sports organization (PSO) in BC and the third largest soccer specific PSO in Canada with over 150,000 participants, consisting of registered players, coaches, referees, administrators and soccer leaders. As a professional not-for-profit society and a member of Canada Soccer, BC Soccer is committed to providing the widest opportunities for existing and potential participants, as well as provide support in the most effective and appropriate way for current
players, parents, volunteers, member clubs, leagues, and districts.
Safe Sport Statement
BC Soccer believes that everyone involved in soccer has the right to participate in safe and inclusive environments free of abuse, harassment, discrimination, and to enjoy the sport at whatever level or
capacity they participate in. The welfare of everyone involved in soccer is the foremost consideration and in particular, the protection of children in the sport is the responsibility of everyone involved.
An exciting full-time opportunity has arisen within BC Soccer at its Vancouver office. BC Soccer is
seeking a highly motived, organized, detail-oriented, energetic, strategic thinker, and proactive professional for the position of Digital Media & Communications Coordinator. This position is an important member of the Soccer Operations staff team and is responsible for delivering BC Soccer’s communication strategy, support programs and services and assisting with coverage of major events. Further consideration will be given to individuals who also have experience with photography, social media, content development, graphic design, and website management.
Accountable to: Director of Soccer Operations (or designate)
Internal relationships: Relates directly with the entire staff team and board members of BC Soccer.
External relationships: Member Organizations, Affiliated Clubs; External Contractors, Canadian Soccer Association; Via Sport; provincial multi-sport organizations; Provincial Government; government agencies; overall participants in soccer.
- Actively contribute and work towards objectives as outline in the strategic direction and
operational plan of the Association, specifically responsible for all official communications
- Coordinate delivery of marketing and communications objectives within the BC Soccer Strategic Plan.
- Build and deliver plans to support engagement and awareness of BC Soccer program, services and events.
- Assist in the development of all commercial strategies including the identification of income streams through sponsorship, commercial partnerships, or customer sales.
- Coordinate all aspects of the association’s communication channels including website, digital media channels, e-newsletter, and participant databases with the objective of increasing interaction and engagement with the wider soccer community.
- Be initiative-taking on creating regular content for the BC Soccer website, keeping information current and relevant.
- Maintenance of corporate communications, including official bulletins, releases, and memos.
- Create original, curated, compelling content for all programs and initiatives.
- Create media content tailored to all different audiences across multiple platforms.
- Develop engaging content for all BC Soccer media channels, website, and social media channels.
- Assist with graphic design of print, digital media, as event and program related photography, as required.
- Liaise with general media to ensure regular coverage of the Association’s activities and programs.
- Support delivery of all major events, coordinating branding, promotion, streaming and overall coverage of the events.
- Apply solid working knowledge of social media analytics and assist with report writing, as required.
- Create public relations and crisis communications talking points / insights for senior staff.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, Training, Experience, and Education
- Commitment to delivering high standards of customer service and appropriate experience to demonstrate this.
- Open minded and self-motivated
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Willingness to take initiative and always looks to improve
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Able to compose routine and non-routine correspondence
- Able to work independently and in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and the BC Soccer Membership (Clubs, Districts, Leagues, etc.) while supporting the overall structure and philosophical strategy set out by the British Columbia Soccer Association
- Able to represent BC Soccer as required, including traveling should it be required
- Willing to submit to CPIC (Criminal Records) clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneDrive)
- Fluency in English
- Enthusiastic about sport
- Experience in an office working environment
- Able to work evening and weekends when required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and demonstrated proven abilities in press release writing, media relations, video development, photography, and development of communication and marketing plans.
- Marketing, Communications, or Business certification or diploma. Degree preferred.
- Experience with management and delivery of sport event livestreaming.
- Solid understanding of online platforms including Hootsuite, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Capacity to manage a diverse set of tasks simultaneously with great attention to detail.
- Experience in photography and graphic design programs such as Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign experience using Microsoft Office and other web-based publishing tools.
- Experience of working in the sports industry would be considered a significant asset.
- Knowledge and insight into not-for-profit would be advantageous.
- Proven oral, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work independently.
- Confidence in one’s own ability to be responsible for specific projects.
- Practical knowledge and experience in managing organizations output via social media tools.
- Flexibility regarding event specific weekend and evening work.
- Able to lift maximum of 50 pounds and stand for period while at events.
The position will include full benefits and a competitive sports industry salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and annual remuneration expectation range to BC Soccer in one PDF. Attention Gabriel Assis, Director of Soccer Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject: Digital Media & Communications Coordinator).
Applications will be reviewed starting on May 18th, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
BC Soccer thanks all applicants, however ONLY those selected for an interview will be contacted.