THE GUELPH CURLING CLUB
The Guelph Curling Club is a premiere curling facility, housing 8 sheets of ice, and a spacious lounge and has been serving the community since 1838. With approximately 700 members and thousands of guests each year, the Guelph Curling Club provides a great opportunity for employees to gain valuable experiences while making meaningful connections with many great people.
The Curling Coordinator is a part-time position that will support club initiatives and programs throughout the curling season. During the performance of these duties, the Curling Coordinator is a main contact between the club and its members, shareholders and their guests and must provide competent and personable representation and service in accordance with policies and the code of conduct. Because you are in contact with employees and customers, and in a key position for guaranteeing their satisfaction, your position requires confidentiality, tact, sensitivity, and professionalism
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The responsibilities of the Curling Coordinator will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Youth program coordinator and instructor
- Adult Learn to Curl instructor
- Member liaison – locker organization, payments, events
- Maintain member registration database
- Pro Shop inventory count, ordering, receiving, website updates
- Assist with the club’s strategic plan
- Implement health & safety training, WHMIS and emergency procedures for new and existing employees
- Assist Communications Chair with social media schedule
Communications and Marketing
- Work with Communications Director, Marketing Director and General Manager on communication initiatives
- Website administration
- Assist with “Parternships through Collaboration” initiatives, including scheduling of partnership promotions and examining other sources of opportunity
- Help initiate social media posts and email blasts
Rentals and Events
- Act as liaison between event coordinators and General Manager/Head Ice Technician
- Identify staffing requirements
- Assist with setup requirements, i.e. equipment needs, table configuration, etc.
- Review previous events for new opportunities and improvements
- Review and identify liability and safety issues
- Rental request online form template
- Bar Pricing – Review and adjust season starting pricing
- Research bar inventory methods
- Inventory orders, as needed
- Assist with beverage service
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area and lounge
- Smart Serve Certification
- St. John First Aid Certification
- Be 21 years of age
- College diploma or university degree
- Back Check
- Hourly rate of $16.50, minimum 14 hours per week
- Access to partner discounts
- Professional development opportunities
This is a part-time position for the term of October 17, 2022 to May 12, 2023. A standard work week will consist of afternoon/evening hours from Monday to Friday and Sundays to instruct the youth and adult learn to curl participants. Some Saturdays may be required to assist with club-hosted events.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline is September 23, 2022. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by September 26, 2022. Interviews will take place the week of September 26 at the Guelph Curling Club.