Coordinator, Sport Licence & Technical Services
Position: Coordinator, Sport Licence & Technical Services
Reports to: Manager, Technical Development
Status: Full-Time, maternity leave contract
Location: Ottawa, ON (current remote status)
Equestrian Canada (EC) is the national governing body for equestrian sport and industry in Canada, with a mandate to represent, promote and advance all equine and equestrian interests. With over 16,000 sport licence holders, 90,000 registered participants, 12 provincial/territorial sport organization partners and 10+ national equine affiliate organizations, EC is a significant contributor to the social, physical, emotional and economic wellbeing of the equestrian industry across Canada.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Equestrian Canada (EC) is currently seeking a professional with strong communication skills and attention to detail to work with management, Sport Licence holders and stakeholders in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The Coordinator is the primary point of contact for EC’s Sport Licence holders and is responsible for coordinating services (purchases or renewals of: sport licences, athlete registrations, horse recordings, horse passports and registrations) and responding to inquiries. The Coordinator will collaborate with teammates and EC’s stakeholders concerning services and initiatives for EC’s Technical Department.
As a key member of the Technical Department, the successful candidate will work closely with colleagues to deliver results in assigned areas. The individual will have an eye for continuous improvement and look for ways to improve the processes within their portfolio(s).
In addition to the above responsibilities the Coordinator will contribute toward general support within the Technical Department. The individual will maintain an in-depth level of knowledge of internal programs and services and will demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent customer service to EC’s stakeholders in service of ECs mandate.
The ideal candidate will be:
· a passionate professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills and initiative/research abilities
· a comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment with tolerance for ambiguity and a solution finding approach
· a resourceful team player who can also be very effective independently
· Assess customer needs and take appropriate actions, complete transactions, resolve issues
· Process applications, data entry, repetitive tasks, highly detailed information
· Triage incoming inquiries
· Provide outstanding customer service
· Prepare, send, and receive courier packages
· Receive, process, record and reconcile payments received
· Contribute to maintaining a positive, friendly, and motivated environment within the team
· Adapt to changing business needs
· Communicate with various stakeholders regarding EC’s technical programs and services
· Research process improvement opportunities relating to assigned portfolios and projects
· Report on progress concerning technical department portfolios as required by the Manager
· Act as an internal and external Subject Matter Expert in your area(s) relating to EC’s technical programs and services
· Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues, customers, stakeholders, and partners
· Maintain cross-functional collaboration with related portfolio areas (competitions)
· Administer fines and Sport Licence issue resolutions
· Prepare, draft, review and revise documents, reports, forms
· Provide general administrative support as required
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Bilingualism required, English / French
· Post-secondary education
· Minimum one-two (1-2) years in a similar position
· Equestrian and/or sport system knowledge is an asset
· Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Teams, Excel and Powerpoint
· High level of integrity and consistent professionalism
· Positive attitude, desire to improve and work in a team environment.
The Coordinator, Sport Licence & Technical Services is accountable to the Manager, Technical Development.
This is an interim appointment commencing January 2021 and concluding May 2022.
This is a full-time role based out of Ottawa, ON. Please note that the EC office is currently operating remotely due to the Pandemic.
Normal business hours at EC are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. As an organization involved in sport, some travel and weekend work may be required.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & DEADLINE
Interested applicants can submit their resume, along with cover letter and salary expectations to:
Rachel Huebert, email@example.com
Please include your full name in the email subject along with the following text: Application for Coordinator, Sport Licence & Technical Services.
The application process will be open until the position(s) is filled.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
EC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
EC is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.