Coordinator, REDI and Safe Sport
Position: Coordinator, REDI and Safe Sport
Job Family: Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Sport Development
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Remote, Flexible
Equestrian Canada’s (EC’s) Coordinator, REDI and Safe Sport develops and supports programs and services to which advance EC’s objective of creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all equestrians through racial equity, diversity, inclusion (REDI) and Safe Sport initiatives.
The Coordinator, REDI and Safe Sport role will collaborate and consult with internal and external stakeholders to create an alignment between stakeholders, advise on the development of policy and education, and provide regular updates to the community. The selected candidate will also serve as EC’s Screening Officer. The successful candidate will receive training and onboarding support from Equestrian Canada’s REDI partner The Inclusion Project including REDI metrics and the usage of inclusive language.
The position supports and aligns with the EC’s strategic initiatives by building relationships, supporting participants and engaging stakeholders to foster a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment.
A critical element of the role is to ensure alignment of key stakeholders. Stakeholders include but are not limited to the following:
- Sport system and equestrian industry partners
- 3rd party complaints manager and screening services
- EC staff and committee members
- Provincial/ Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSOs)
Key Areas of Responsibility
- The following elements shall be integrated into the position:
- Coordinate the development of REDI processes and implementation of
- Implement Safe Sport practices
- Foster relationships with key