Coordinator, Marketing & Communications – Social Media
Love sport? Love social media? Love being part of a team? Hockey Alberta is seeking an energetic and creative social media expert to join the organization as our newest Marketing and Communications team member.
The Marketing and Communications department provides expertise, leadership, and services to Hockey Alberta and the Hockey Alberta Foundation. This includes: social media, website and online digital content, direct communication, media and public relations, promotions, graphic design, event planning, and video. Marketing and Communications staff work with internal and external stakeholders, including Hockey Alberta and Hockey Alberta Foundation staff and volunteers, Member organizations, participants, external agencies, Hockey Canada and its Member Branches, the media, and other partners in the hockey community.
The Coordinator, Marketing and Communications position currently being sought has two areas of responsibility:
LEAD SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Utilize communications calendar to build and execute the social media plan for Hockey Alberta (Team Alberta, Alberta Elite Hockey League and Alberta Female Hockey League), and the Hockey Alberta Foundation.
- Manage and grow social media presence for Hockey Alberta and Hockey Alberta Foundation.• Develop and execute campaigns, paid advertising and other tactics to increase engagement, and promotion of programming, events and partners.
- Using analytics, provide recommendations on how to optimize social media campaigns and measure the impact of social media on overall communications efforts.
- Maintain a consistent voice and appearance across social media platforms, based on Hockey Alberta standards and established best practices, to represent Hockey Alberta appropriately.
- Contribute blog posts and general interest hockey content for the distribution via social media channels and website newsfeed.
- Update and implement the Hockey Alberta Social Media policy across the organization and its membership.
- Lead presenter to membership and teams as requested on social media best practices.
- Assist with establishing the annual required budget for Hockey Alberta’s social media platforms.
GRAPHIC DESIGN: Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud; primarily Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and the creation of digital assets for social and website posts as well as other documents as requested.
SUPPORT TO EVENTS: Assisting with Hockey Alberta or Hockey Alberta Foundation event and/or program properties as specified.
This is a full-time position based in our Red Deer office, operating under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Communications. The successful candidate liaises closely and works collaboratively with a team of Marketing Communications Coordinators, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, and staff members across the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in relevant field preferred.
- Must have Valid driver’s license; access to personal transportation is considered an asset.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a professional office setting.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience with managing all social media platforms for an organization or business.
- Experience with website CMS (custom and WordPress).
- Demonstrated writing, editing and grammar skills; ability to write for online/digital platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel and other Microsoft products
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Communication and organizational skills for working in a busy team environment
- Knowledge and experience in areas of office administration or other related disciplines
- Interpersonal Skills
- ability to positively and diplomatically communicate and interact with volunteers, members, sponsors, media, board members, executive, staff and general public
- ability to work independently on tasks and projects
- ability to meet various deadlines and work on ongoing projects
- Understanding of the sport of hockey and the business of sport is an asset
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by the position
WHAT WE OFFER
- Based on Hockey Alberta’s Compensation Policy, the salary range for this position is $49,292-$57,990 (relative to the successful applicant’s education, skills, and experience).
- Upon completion of the six-month probationary period, you’ll be enrolled in Hockey Alberta’s comprehensive benefits plan.
- Two weeks vacation annually, with incremental increases based on years of service as per Hockey Alberta’s Time Off Policy.
- Hockey Alberta offers a flexible work environment. Compensatory time is available when the employee is required to work outside normal business hours.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance individual skills and knowledge.
- Upon completion of two full years of employment, you’ll be eligible to participate in Hockey Alberta’s RRSP plan with matching contributions from Hockey Alberta as per the Staff Benefits Plan.