COORDINATOR, LOGISTICS & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
The Prince Edward Island 2023 Canada Games Host Society is looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Logistics & Materials Management.
As a province known for its hospitality, we’re excited to welcome the 2023 Canada Winter Games to Prince Edward Island. From February 18 – March 5, 2023, the Games will bring together over 3,600 athletes, managers and coaches, across 20 different sports, for the largest multi-sport event in the country. With a forecasted economic impact of over $100 million, the 29th edition of the Canada Games will be the largest event hosted in Prince Edward Island’s history.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the Manager, Venues as a key member of the 2023 Canada Winter Games team, the Coordinator, Logistics & Materials Management will provide project support for a variety of logistics and warehousing initiatives within both the staff and volunteer portfolios.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
● Assisting the Coordinator, Warehouse in the successful development and implementation of various warehouse initiatives including: inventory control activities, receiving procedures, space planning, receiving and monitoring all deliveries
● Creation of logistics policies and procedures
● Assisting with the development of logistics processes that will ensure organization wide integration and collaboration leading up to and during the 2023 Canada Winter Games
● Create, maintain, and execute the Master Delivery Schedule and all supporting activities to ensure safe and timely delivery of all asset across the games footprint
● Support the planning and execution of asset disposal
● Supervise and support logistics volunteers and temporary labourers
● 5+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, or a related field
● Exceptional skills in analyzing, organizing, and communicating (oral and written)
● Strong planning, coordination, administrative and organizational skills
● Ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers, with strong attention to detail
● Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
● Desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment where duties and reporting levels are shared
● Energetic self-starter; takes initiative and can work with minimum direction and supervision
● Familiarity with Google Suite
● Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic and deeply collaborative environment, moving seamlessly between many simultaneous and concurrent tasks, operations and requests
● Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
● Experience working with a multi sport Games is considered an asset
● Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
● Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
● May be subject to a criminal record check and/or other background checks
● Working conditions: sitting, using a computer, and repetitive motions over extended periods of time
● Physical demands may include: lifting up to 30 lbs, working outdoors
● Full Time Contract
● Additional hours, or time outside of the normal work hours, may be required in order to meet operational requirements of the 2023 Canada Winter Games.
The Host Society reserves the right to change, amend or disuse this job description at any time. This document is intended to provide an overview of the required responsibilities and qualifications.
Applying for this Position
The 2023 Canada Winter Games Host Society is committed to building a skilled, diverse team reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, persons with a disability, or members of a visible minority group and regardless of sexual identity, gender identification, or gender expression.