Coordinator, High Performance Programs
ABOUT SWIMMING CANADA
Swimming Canada serves as the national governing body of competitive swimming. We inspire Canadians through world leading performances to embrace a lifestyle of swimming, sport, fitness and health. Canadians are global leaders in high performance swimming and development for both able-bodied swimmers and swimmers with a disability. Swimming is recognized as one of the most celebrated and successful Canadian Summer Olympic and Paralympic sports. Swimming Canada strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, developing and celebrating a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a key member of Swimming Canada’s Sport department, this coordinator position will work in a team environment and take the lead in supporting the operations of Swimming Canada’s High Performance Centres and will support the Manager, High Performance Programs with a number of projects. This position will also provide administrative support to other aspects of the High Performance program as required.
- Produce and collect annual High Performance Centre (HPC) Athlete Agreements in a digital format, collecting personal information, other information as required
- Coordinate the HPC outfitting process with the support of the Manager, Senior National Teams and Centres and Manager, HP Programs
- Review and approve all non-travel related HPC expenses for payment by the Swimming Canada finance department.
- Coordinate the twice annual HPC review meeting (room bookings, agenda, meeting notes etc)
- Work in conjunction with Manager, National Team & HP Centres on identified HPC related tasks as determined by the Associate Director, High Performance – Olympic Program
- Produce and collect professional services contracts for non-CSI IST providers in a digital format
- Maintain tracking document of all HPC and IST equipment
- Lead the procurement process for acquisition of new equipment
- Produce and collect athlete agreements in a digital format for identified funding programs.
- Review expense submissions and coordinate payment the for the athletes
- Annual tracking of HPC activity (ex. Athlete Roster Tracking)
- Maintain tracking document of HP Coach Development activities
- Coordinate the Canadian Athlete Insurance Program.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager, High Performance Programs
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of, experience working in or volunteering in a sport environment
- Knowledge of, experience working in or volunteering in a swimming environment is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong command of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills
This full-time, 12-month contract, is an Ottawa-based position with available benefits package as outlined in the Swimming Canada Human Resources policies. The Ottawa Office is located on the traditional territory of the Algonquin Anishinabek People.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview. Start date will be confirmed with the candidate.
Candidates can email applications directly to email@example.com by August 31, 2022. Swimming Canada is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation as part of the hiring process, please contact Suzanne Paulins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Coordinator, High Performance Programs” in both the subject line of your e-mail and your covering letter.