Coordinator, Games Operations and Delivery Coordonnatrice
The Coordinator, Games Operations and Delivery will play a key role in supporting the CPC in delivering world-class operational services for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. In the lead up to the Games, the primary responsibilities will be the logistical planning and preparation of assigned Functional Areas, while the at-Games role focuses on delivering programs and services that support Canadian athletes and staff in achieving their performance goals in the Games environment.
The exact roles and responsibilities of the Coordinator will vary depending on the Games requirements, but would include leading the planning and operational delivery of key Games Functional Area programming such as; Accommodation Services, Arrivals & Departures Services, Logistics Services, Outfitting Services, Paralympic Experience Services, Transportation Services and any additional areas of Games programming as required.
Outcomes of this work will be aligned and be specific to the CPC Strategy of becoming a World Leading Paralympic Nation by 2022.
- Coordinate and support the logistical planning, preparations and delivery of key pre – assigned Games Functional Areas for the Paralympic Games
- Liaise with the CPC Paralympic Performance Department to support the Games planning and preparation process for Canada’s National Sport Organizations
- Work with Host Organizing Committee Functional Area representatives to develop operational plans and coordinate the submission of Games information
- Collaborate and liaise with the CPC Divisions to support their Games planning, and to support broader Games planning alignment
- Implement and Communicate processes and procedures to support the collection of information for the delivery of Games services
- Familiarize with the Games footprint and Host City environment through the CPC Planning and Preparation Site Visit Program
- Represent the CPC in the national and international sport community through attendance and participation at meetings, events and conferences
- Collaborate with the Games Operations & Delivery Team to implement innovative enhancements to operational plans and tactics
- Support the authoring of Functional Area program content for inclusion in the Games Operations and Delivery publications
- Lead and collaborate with CPC staff, volunteers and contractors in the lead up to, and onsite at the Games
- Assist in developing, maintaining and reporting on various Functional Area budgets
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the area of logistical planning and project management
- Understanding of the Canadian sport system and the Olympic / Paralympic Games
- Proven ability to creatively problem solve, be detail-oriented and to adhere to strict timelines and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong writing, presentation and verbal business communication skills, in both official languages
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities, as well as skills in leading and mobilizing others
- Ability to work with autonomy and as part of a team, to multi-task and to effectively establish priorities
- Sport technical knowledge is considered an asset
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications, project management software and database systems
- One or more years’ experience working in the Sport Management, Project Management; or related field
- Experience working in a multi-sport Games environment
- Strong Project management, event planning and logistics experience
- Experience leading volunteers and contractors within a high-pressure environment
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with various cultures and backgrounds
- Experience as a Paralympian is considered an asset
Post-secondary education in Sport Event Management and/or Project Management or a combination of training and related experience
- Methodical and organized, able to manage different projects at the same time
- Flexible to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business and with various backgrounds
- Good interpersonal skills with focus on stakeholder relations
- Good analytical skills
- Systematic and organized
- Cooperative, team player, collaborative and able to inspire others
- Active Listener; understands requirements before leaping to action
Exemplifies the CPC organizational values:
- Work is primarily in an office environment
- Overnight travel and off-site work required (e.g. Games, Site Visits, Events)
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods, including Games and Site Visits
- Must hold a valid Passport at all times
CPC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.
CPC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested individuals are to submit a resume and cover letter via BambooHR by the deadline of March 31st, 2020 at 23:59 EST.
Please use the following link to apply: https://paralympic.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52