Coordinator, Finance and Operations
Speed Skating Canada (SSC), the national governing body for the sport of speed skating in Canada, is looking for an enthusiastic individual for the newly created position of Coordinator, Finance and Administration. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Leadership and Operations, the successful candidate will play a critical role in achieving Speed Skating Canada’s strategic business priorities as they relate to achieving organizational excellence on the road towards the 2022 Olympic Games and beyond by supporting the administrative aspects of the organization’s finance, operations and membership objectives.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
· Under the direction of the Controller, support the day-to-day accounting transaction processes, including accounts receivables and invoicing, in the organization’s accounting software and associated peripheral systems;
· Support staff and other internal stakeholders in day-to-day financial and administration processes, such as vendor payments, expense claims, customer/client invoicing, etc.;
· Supporting bi-weekly payroll processing and reconciliation of benefits accounts;
· Assist in the preparation of ongoing internal monthly financial reporting and forecasting as needed by the Controller, including expense and bank reconciliations;
· Assist with federal and provincial regulatory filings, as well as financial reporting for external funding agencies as per the requirements set out in the contribution agreements;
· Assist in the external audit process;
· Under the direction of the Coordinator, Leadership and Operations, assist in the coordination of the SSC Congress and Annual General
Meeting (AGM), Board of Directors and staff events and retreats;
· Recording, transcribing and distributing minutes of staff
· Assisting with Canada Summer Jobs applications and intern
· Supporting the operations of the National Office, including
the maintenance of contact and distribution lists;
· Monitoring SSC’s general inbox and directing communications
to the appropriate staff member;
· Provide administrative support to the CEO and CSO as required and under the direction of the Coordinator, Leadership and Operations.
· Under the direction of the Senior Coordinator, Membership and Alignment, manage the annual or bi-annual invoicing of SSC membership fees; and,
· Manage the day-to-day maintenance and customer service of SSC’s membership system for clubs and PTSOs.
· Assist in the completion and implementation of membership and alignment projects
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Bilingual or proficient working in both official languages
· Degree or diploma in bookkeeping, business administration or related studies from a recognized post-secondary institution;
· One to three years’ relevant experience in finance, and administration,
budgeting and reporting;
· Strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with problem solving;
· Experience working in Microsoft Office 365 to contribute to the support of budgeting, logistics, meeting planning and internal and external reporting;
· Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to convey complex financial information succinctly and communicate with our member contingent; and
· A passion for sport (previous work with or membership of a National Sporting Organization would be preferred).
Working conditions for this role include:
· Primary work location based at the National Office in Ottawa;
· Occasional travel to meetings and events will be required; and,
· Occasional weekend work will be required.