Coordinator, Content & Community
Title: Coordinator, Content & Community
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Content & Digital Marketing
Location: Golf Canada Head Office
Status: Full Time
Ideal Start Date:January/February 2023
1. Content creation & publishing:40%
• Assist in the development and execution of timely content (design, video, written) to support Golf Canada’s Marketing and Communications plan.
• Demonstrate strength in content capture, video production and editing with an understanding of Golf Canada’s corporate voice.
• Support various Golf Canada initiatives and departments via storytelling
• Leverage a wholistic approach to ensure content is optimized across owned media channels
• Publish content in advance where possible and secure approval from relevant stakeholders
2. Planning, analysis & reporting: 20%
• Demonstrate a purposeful and results-driven approach to social media content creation including content calendar development
• Contribute to development Golf Canada’s editorial Canlendar and secure alignment around key executions
• Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Help develop innovative strategies to grow Golf Canada’s social following.
• Measure and report on social media performance and KPIs.
• Leverage social KPI analysis to inform content strategy optimization
3. Community Management:15%
• Engage with customers and followers via Golf Canada’s social media channels.
• Respond to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
• Monitor, track and report on social media feedback.
4. Other duties: 25%
• Establish relationships with social media influencers.
• Stay up to date with social media trends and best practices.
• Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and journalists.
• Assist with new and ongoing marketing activities, working collaboratively with Professional Championships (RBC Canadian Open and CP Women’s Open), Amateur Championships, Commercial, Sport and Golf Services departments.
• Other duties as they may arise.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
• A passion for the game – you eat, sleep and dream about golf.
• When you aren’t golfing or watching golf, you are creating compelling content for social media consumption.
• Minimum of 2-years experience as a community manager, content creator or similar role.
• Proficient in basic video production and copy editing.
• Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
• Willing to work unconventional hours (weeknights or weekends) as required.
• Knowledge of digital marketing.
• Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
• A quick learner with strong interpersonal skills.
• Exercise strong judgement and people skills in communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrate an understanding of bilingual marketing activities (English and French) supported by outsourced translators to deliver an identical or comparable audience experience.
Golf Canada – Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
Apply via Career Page Link Below
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to six (6) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume to Career Page, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, January 15th, 2023. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for all, especially children. All applicants will be
thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to
build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are
included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are
also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage
of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9