Coordinator, Compliance & Operations
JOB POSTING – CANADIAN PREMIER LEAGUE (CPL) |
CANADIAN SOCCER BUSINESS (CSB)
Compliance and Operations
|Immediate Supervisor:|| Senior
Director, Match Operations, Policy and Compliance
CANADIAN PREMIER LEAGUE (CPL) & CANADIAN SOCCER BUSINESS (CSB) – WHO WE ARE
We are two organizations under one roof with a shared goal of making soccer the #1 sport in Canada. More specifically, we are Canada’s Tier 1 professional soccer league (Canadian Premier League or CPL) and a related commercial business (Canadian Soccer Business or CSB) that complement one another in
pursuit of this goal.
The CPL is comprised of eight member Clubs serving communities from coast to coast. In 2023 we will embark on our fifth season building upon our record setting playoffs to end the 2022 campaign. In addition to playing in domestic competitions (CPL and the Canadian Championship), we also represent Canada in the global FIFA ecosystem via our regional club competition, the Concacaf Champions League.
CSB is a commercial agency that is the engine of growth for Canadian Soccer. It represents media
rights and a suite of leading national corporate partnership properties including Canada Soccer’s Women’s and Men’s National Teams, Youth National Teams, Canadian Championships, CPL and its member Clubs, and League1 Canada (League1 Canada is the country’s top pro-am league, a key part of the pathway to professional soccer for Canadians including 67 women’s teams and 94 men’s teams).
With Canada hosting matches in the FIFA World Cup 2026™ with co-hosts Mexico and the United States, and the CPL entering its fifth season, there has never been a better time to be involved in Canadian soccer!
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. To us diversity means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
POSITION OVERVIEW – WHO YOU ARE
As Coordinator, Compliance and Operations, you will report to the Senior Director, Match Operations, Policy and Compliance and team lead Compliance and Operations Officer and be responsible
for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the League’s Football Operations department with a particular focus on compliance, procedures, and policy.
This position serves as to assist the CPL Football Operations department and act as a liaison between the League and its Clubs and ensure that the League and Clubs are operating in accordance with the League’s Competition Manual, Operations Manual, Constitution and By-Laws. You will work in conjunction with other members of the Football Operations department and support its initiatives in relation to the development of the game and the CPL’s Players and Technical Staff.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the enforcement of the CPL Competitions Manual and assist in the development and improvement of the Competition rules and policies
· Aid the CPL Football Operations department with the execution of Player Contracts, Transfer and Loan Agreements as well as Mutual Termination Agreements at the request of CPL Clubs
· Assist with reviewing and recording CPL Clubs’ salary budgets and other roster-related matters
· Aid in the receiving, auditing, and storing of signed contracts for Players and Technical Staff
· Support the CPL Football Operations department with updating the player database, including information on salary, bonuses, agent fees, housing and any additional payments throughout the season and off-season
· Communicate with outside vendors to assist with updating CPL Club rosters, statistics and other aspects of the CPL website
· Assist with the confirmation of CPL Technical Staff minimum license requirements with all CPL Clubs
· Provide support for the CPL – U SPORTS Draft as well as handling inquiries pertaining to U SPORTS Contracts and player eligibility
· Track and analyze U-21 Domestic Player minutes throughout the CPL Regular Season and CPL Playoffs to ensure CPL Clubs are following Competition rules
· Support the onboarding of expansion Clubs to ensure their successful integration into the CPL
· Work with all departments of the League to report on ongoing and new initiatives to improve the League and Competition
· Co-coordinate the CPL Roster Compliance and Salary Cap Affidavits tri-annually with all CPL Clubs
· Update the CPL Football Operations department on a weekly basis with updated CPL rosters, and analysis documents whilst in-season
· Aid with the tracking of key player and club statistics to share with CPL Content team and CPL Record Book project
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
· Organized and process oriented
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
· Microsoft Excel and Word
· Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is a plus for any candidate
· While we strive to create appropriate work-life balance, this position will require the candidate to travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
· CSB/CPL requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and submit your application to the attention of Alise Wilson at email@example.com
We’ll hire the right candidate when we meet them.
Canadian Premier League is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.