COORDINATOR, COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Communications and Marketing
|START DATE||August 2022|
|SALARY||$42,000 to $47,000|
a strong asset (English & French)
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
The CAC is dedicated to offer a diverse and inclusive workplace and to create a culture and commitment that align with our aspirational values.
· Seek to Understand
· Cultivate Inclusion
· Be Curious
· Act with Courage
· Lead and Serve with Gratitude
The CAC understand the diversity of its workforce and offer different opportunities through its practices and policies to promote a work-life balance for its employees.
As a key member of the Marketing and Communications Team, the Communications Coordinator will assist in implementing and monitoring the Association’s overall communications strategy. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the selected candidate will work in a collaborative communication environment to support CAC programs and initiatives such as the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), the Responsible Coaching Movement, and the Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating communications strategies and plans aligned with the Association’s strategic plan.
· Assist in developing and managing an awareness and communications strategy to promote quality coach education and safe sport initiatives, impacting the lives of Canadians in communities throughout Canada.
· Serve as a communications resource to CAC internal teams in assisting the development and implementation of their communications plans as they relate to coaching and coach education.
· Research/write/edit high-quality and timely communications content for the CAC’s partners and for coaches across Canada, including newsletters, announcements, online copy, articles, news releases,
presentation materials, and other as required.
· Oversee the distribution of CAC communications to its partners and stakeholders, including newsletters, emails, and news releases.
· Supports the Marketing and Communications teams with graphic design requirements.
Website Maintenance & Development:
· Update the CAC’s bilingual website, ensuring the CAC brand is accurately presented in all facets of the site.
Digital Platforms and Social Media:
· Support digital content strategy with creation of weekly online content to increase engagement across communication channels.
· Maintain and manage internal communications email inbox and lists of subscribers for external communications.
· Design and create social media content for all CAC initiatives, to be incorporated into the Marketing and Communications content planner.
· Monitors the CAC’s social media platforms and engage with our followers accordingly.
· Measures success of communications strategy and stakeholders’ engagement across all platforms
· Assist in identifying emerging issues within the sport community and help the CAC prepare appropriate messaging and strategies when required.
· Monitor traditional media coverage for stories and issues.
Other responsibilities as required.
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
· University/college education in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise.
· Minimum three years relevant experience in communications.
· Experience with project management essential.
· Experience with reporting web and social analytics, essential.
· Experience working with email marketing software’s, such as MailChimp, essential.
· Experience with graphic design software’s, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, essential
· Strong competency in social media strategy, content development, and media monitoring.
· Excellent writing ability and experience in content development for a variety of mediums.
· Experience with website content management systems essential, knowledge of HTML an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
· Bilingualism (English, French) with excellent spoken and written skills in both languages.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and best practices related to internal and external
· Possess project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, monitor timelines and develop plans required to achieve goals and responsibilities.
· High attention to detail, ensuring the CAC brand is accurately presented in both languages.
· Possess strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media.
· Ability to think innovatively and critically –have excellent judgment and be comfortable working in a changing environment.
· Must be a strong team player, willing to be an engaged contributor to the Marketing and Communications Team with a positive and professional approach.
Please send your resume and cover letter by July 19, 2022, to email@example.com.
All responses are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply. Visit www.coach.ca for more information about coach education, training, and support.
The CAC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability. Possibility of accommodation on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.