COORDINATOR, COMMUNICATIONS AND DIGITAL CONTENT
Canada Basketball is the national sport governing body for amateur basketball in Canada. Located in Toronto, Canada Basketball is a not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to “Lead in the Promotion and Development of Basketball in Canada through Programs and Services”.
Canada Basketball is now accepting applications for the position of Coordinator, Communications and Digital Content. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Coordinator, Communications and Digital Content will provide overall support for web, digital and emerging communication technologies. This position will aid in planning, creating and delivering communications and digital content programs that support Canada Basketball’s goals and strategic plan as part of the overall integrated marketing and communications plan.
Length and Term: Full-time position
Compensation: 35 hours per week
Application Deadline: August 9, 2020
The successful candidate’s primary mandate is to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and Communications Department.
The Coordinator, Communications and Digital Content will also work to promote Canada Basketball and the Canada Basketball Foundation via various media channels to ensure significant national awareness and presence of the organization, its players, coaches, teams and programs.
- Create original content (press release, features etc.) and manage daily updates to the Canada Basketball (basketball.ca) website on the Webflow platform.
- Day-to-day brand social media lead, managing and executing content sharing through all Canada Basketball social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive content and editorial plan to be integrated within a broader marketing/communications calendar.
- Assist in the development and execution of additional properties and projects (video, podcast etc.).
- Distribute media advisories, releases and other communications.
- Oversee the archiving and organization of Canadian National Team competition content (rosters, statistics, photos, video, news etc.).
- Manage digital analytics and provide monthly reports on web and social media metrics measuring against objectives including insights, commentary, and recommendations for ongoing strategy.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, interactive multimedia, graphic design or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications or social media, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Understanding of basketball is required, while a strong knowledge of domestic and international leagues is considered a strong asset.
- Experience using content management systems (Webflow preferred).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite apps (Photoshop / Illustrator preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Photography and/or videography experience considered as strong asset.
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, both as a team member and autonomously, with minimal supervision.
- Bilingualism in French is considered a strong asset.
Office environment with requirements to work outside of regular office hours at basketball events. Travel to national and international basketball competitions, as required.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Matt Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Canada Basketball invites applications from all qualified individuals. The organization is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Canada Basketball provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.